What's new

ackvil Member Interview

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
B&B Interviews - Meet member ackvil

Ackvil.jpg

ackvil has been a member of Badger and Blade since May 13, 2010

01. How did you find Badger and Blade and why did you become a member?

My oldest son gifted me some T&H Ultimate Comfort Cream and aftershave balm and I used it up. None of the stores in my area carried these products so I did an internet search. B&B came up and I was surprised there was a shaving website. However, what really surprised me were all of the non-shaving subforums. I began reading everything and joined that day.

02. When you did or if you are working, in general what did or do you do?
I am a retired attorney who specialized in employment–labor law. I started out as an editor for a legal publication. I then worked at the National Labor Relations Board as a trial attorney. I subsequently worked for two different retail companies as an employment-labor attorney where I provided legal advice, tried cases, and negotiated contracts. In my last position, I also handled some general legal matters and was an officer of the corporation.

03. What part of the country where you were born do you like the most?
I was born in Queens, NYC, and lived in NYC until I was 17. We then moved “overseas” – to NJ and I lived there for many years. I moved to CT when I accepted a job there. When I retired, I moved to Florida and lived in Delray Beach, Boca Raton, and St. Petersburg. In 2014, we moved to Chandler, AZ. In the course of my employment, I have traveled to all 50 states, the Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico, Mexico, Germany, and the U.K. I like living in AZ. The state is beautiful and most of all, I enjoy the people here. They are very friendly and caring.

04. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you go?
I would remain in AZ but have a summer house in the northern part of the state. AZ is an incredibly diverse and beautiful state. To keep my wife happy, I would also have a home somewhere on the east coast of Florida near the Atlantic Ocean and live there for a few months in the winter.

05. Do you have any hobbies or pastimes?
I love fishing, particularly freshwater fishing. I am also a gun enthusiast and enjoy using my skills on the shooting range. I also love to read and until recently loved to travel. I am not very good at it – but I love photography.

06. What do you like best about being a member of Badger and blade?
I enjoy the diversity on B&B. We have members from all over the world with diverse interests and experiences. I enjoy reading about their experiences not only with shaving but with other pursuits such as cooking, fishing, etc.

07. If you could choose any person in the world, now or from the past, who would you like to sit down and have a drink with?
Justice Antonin Scalia. I have met and had conversations with numerous politicians and leaders from all political spectrums. With the first retail company I worked for, I often was part of the lobbying effort to discuss issues with government officials and leaders. I was favorably impressed with some individuals and un-impressed by some others. However, I had a very brief conversation with Justice Scalia at a law function. What impressed me was how he commanded the respect of liberal leaders as well as conservatives. He had incredibly diverse interests, a wonderful sense of humor, and a keen mind.

08. What is something you'd like to do, but have not had the opportunity to do it?
Learn to fly an airplane.

09. What is one thing or accomplishment in your life that you are proud of?
Overcoming adversity and becoming a successful attorney and on a personal level, becoming a good father and husband. It took me a long time to reach the good husband accomplishment!

10. What is one piece of advice that you would offer to people in general?
Be humble. Humility opens up doors and makes you a better person. It took me 40 years to learn humility and it has changed my life dramatically.

11. If you could have any super hero power, what would you choose?
The ability to fly like Superman.

12. If you had to choose to be a kind of animal, what would you want to be?
Our pet dog, Lucy is a standard poodle. My wife fusses over that dog so much and Lucy seems to have an incredible ability to judge character.

13. What kind of music do you like?
I like all kinds of music: country, hymns, classical, opera, and Jazz. The only music I am not into is rap.

14. If you could be any movie character, who would you like to be?
Any Clint Eastwood character.

15. If someone wrote a book about your life, what would the Title of that book be?
“Life is a Journey - Never Give Up.”

Last edited:

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
That was a heavy hitter of an interview!!!
Always have had a great deal of respect for you, Jim, and your style of moderation. Thank you, great interview.

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
Outstanding! Thanks to you both! Question, what does your handle Ackvil have any meaning? My hadle is my initials, and I live in PA for instance. Where did Ackvil come from?

Great interview! An excellent read and great answers.
Scalia would be a very interesting conversation.
If you get your Superman ability you won’t have to worry about learning how to fly an airplane.

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
Good man, good customer!! Its just amazing how many of us liked to be either a dog or a horse if we had to chose.

Outstanding! Thanks to you both! Question, what does your handle Ackvil have any meaning? My hadle is my initials, and I live in PA for instance. Where did Ackvil come from?
At one time I had an interest in an apartment complex in NJ. The complex's first name came from an Indian tribe in NJ. That's where I got "ack" from. The second name was Village. So I came up with ackvil as a combo of the two.

Thanks for letting us get to know you better! I just did an interview and now reading interviews with others I am struck by some of the similarities. Being able to fly like Superman, enjoyment of fishing and being a dog are the ones that stick out as answers that I also gave.

Top Bottom