What's new

Ach Brito MUSGO shaving soap

That’s fine, your experience is based on your own context and subjective opinion. Not uncommon to see people having different perceptions about the same product.

Slightly different ingredient orders, but with the same components shouldn’t change the end result that much. Look at Dr Harris. Some soaps start with Tallow, some don’t. No one here thinks they are different.

Ach Brito soaps are made from already saponified ingredients, likely bought from the Far East given the low final prices, and made at large batches. There’s nothing business-wise that would justify creating different bases.

Musgo and Mogno, to me they perform identically, and so does the more expensive Musgo Real shaving soap, which is identical to its younger and cheaper brother Ach Brito Musgo. All very good soaps
how is the scent on the ach brito musgo soap? is it easy to lather? as others have said, it is indeed a triple milled puck right?

how is the scent on the ach brito musgo soap? is it easy to lather? as others have said, it is indeed a triple milled puck right?
It's a woody mossy scent, classic and masculine. Of course the scent on the soap is subtle and not in your face.

The soap is easy to lather and produces a thick creamy lather. I don't know if it is triple milled, but it is a hard puck.

In my opinion Musgo is a cheap and good soap! I keep it in a tub from Proraso where I left a little shaving cream and it didn't crack.

P1130495.JPG

I just bought 2 pucks of the

Ach Brito MUSGO shaving soap. under 7 dollars each puck, I think it's a pretty good deal. is musgo known for making quality shave pucks? I did buy their real shave soap a few years back and I don't remembered much about it besides it was green. I noticed these musgo shave pucks all have "talc" in them. what is the reason for including talc in a shave puck and is there any big difference between the ach brito musgo shave soap and the "real" musgo shave soap besides one being white in color and the other one green in color? I wonder if the scent on the white one and green one are the same. they both look to have the same exact ingriedients. They have both palm oil and palm kernel oil based.​

Thanks, I´ll look into it.
That´s a great review. I´m old enough to remember when Ach Brito soaps were sold in local in mom and pop general stores. Then they almost disappeared, luckily brands like Ach Brito, Couto and Semogue continue to be a family business and are enjoying success again.

so, I bought 2 pucks of the new ach brito musgo shave soap. The newer round white one. I just shaved with it. Had a pretty good shave. The soap to me has a mild unoffensive cologney type scent. No one would be offended by this scent. I would put this hard puck up there with the best triple milled shave soaps out there like pre de provence, tobs, razorock what the puck, tabac, dr harris, etc.... for under bucks a puck, it's well worth it.

so, I bought 2 pucks of the new ach brito musgo shave soap. The newer round white one. I just shaved with it. Had a pretty good shave. The soap to me has a mild unoffensive cologney type scent. No one would be offended by this scent. I would put this hard puck up there with the best triple milled shave soaps out there like pre de provence, tobs, razorock what the puck, tabac, dr harris, etc.... for under bucks a puck, it's well worth it.
Glad you like it. It should get even better after being used a few times. I keep mine in a loosely covered dish. It gets used once or twice a week.

I´ve been using this soap almost exclusively and have been happy with it, it´s much better than the creams I was using, but as much as I tried, I could never get the type of lather you see in youtube shaving videos.

I recently saw a video on Geofatboy´s Shave Nation channel in which he suggested using distilled water to soak the brush and add to the soap as needed. So I tried it, even warmed the water a bit in the microwave. The result was the best lather so far. I haven´t tried it with saving creams yet, but i suspect it will better them too.

I´m sure this is probably common knowledge to most, but to me it was a revelation. I don´t even have to load the brush as much to get enough lather for three passes. I now have a 200 ml water bottle in the cabinet just for lathering.

Really like everything i have tried with the Musgo Real name or Ach Britto for that matter (except for the red pre shave which smelled weird so PIF'ed it). The Green Musgo Real Classic soap has a oval shape and smells very similar to the OG cream. The Newer Musgo labeled White soap is very good and highly recommended for the asking price same goes for Mogno, performance wise you wont be dissapointed, scents can be subjective but all of the soaps have a nice scent that is not offensive or polarizing. Keep in mind these are triple milled soaps that will last a long time. Would put them right up there with the RR WTP triple Milled soaps as far as vaule goes, great lather for a affordable price, if any of these sound interesting do yourself a favor and check them out and let us know how it goes.

So, I have used the arch brito musgo shave soap twice. It's a good soap. Something in the soap is irritating to my face when I shave. I don't know what it is, but I have seen a few people also say the soap is irritating to them as well. Could it be the talc or the fragrance of the soap? I can't be sure. i still think it's a soap worth trying out and having in your shave den. anyone else experience any minor irritation from this soap?

So, I have used the arch brito musgo shave soap twice. It's a good soap. Something in the soap is irritating to my face when I shave. I don't know what it is, but I have seen a few people also say the soap is irritating to them as well. Could it be the talc or the fragrance of the soap? I can't be sure. i still think it's a soap worth trying out and having in your shave den. anyone else experience any minor irritation from this soap?

Unfortunately musgo real, mogno and musgo all irritate my skin fairly intensely!

Lea Classic puck OTOH is just magical!
Superbly slick with very good post shave due to so many skin goodies.
It's my favorite veggie-base soap.

Now that the Ach Brito Mogno soap is available again, I ordered a bar, and since I was paying shipping fees, I ordered a few other regular soaps as well.
The Ach Brito serviço is first rate, one day after placing the order it was at my door.
Tried it last night.
First impessions: The scent is much more subtle than the Musgo and doesn´t seem as slick.
It lathers quite well though, but it was the first use.

IMG_20220707_153931.jpg

Top Bottom