What's new

Ach. Brito Mogno, a new Old School classic

Soaps have arrived from Portugal! Wonderful. Thanks colleagues for the recommendations. Ach. Brito Musgo, 100 grams of hard shaving soap made from natural ingredients, with a superb smell, dense foam, protective, resistant and easy to obtain. all at a price of only 5 euros. I can't ask for more. Thanks Marco. Thanks to Ach. Brito who shipped from Portugal to Romania in just 3 days without shipping costs for an order of 30 euros. Wonderful!

Okay, last one. I promise! Shaved with the Mogno this morning. I found the version 3 Mogno Box to be too shallow. Plus the soap was taller than the sides of the box, so I would never be able to fit a lid on there. And I don’t like leaving my soaps fully exposed to the air for extended periods of time. So I went back to the drawing board. This version 4 Mogno Box is a bit over 1/2 an inch deeper, and it has a cover. I’m done I swear. This one is perfect. I appreciate all the feedback. And appreciate you guys putting up with my pic heavy posting. Great shave this morning though! The Mogno is a keeper.

View attachment 1248289

View attachment 1248288

View attachment 1248287

Yes, the vertical sides, above the beveled sides, is important. Both for keeping the lather in, and also to create a workable surface for a lid to lap...
The only small tweak I might make would be to make the "bevel on the sides a bit steeper - so the overall opening at the top of the container isn't quite so wide?
But that is really splitting some hairs...

Nice job!

"Print" a lot of 50 of these and sell in the BST.
Why not?

I think you would have an initial captive audience. Price-point is probably the biggest determinant.
Example: DR Harris with wooden bowl = $38, Refill soap (only) $18.
Not sure they would sell well at ~$18, but ~$8-10 maybe?
You could even advertise a "pre-order" to limit your exposure for quantity?

And if you could control the color?
(drab grey isn't all that sexy....lol)
But that isn't even a deal-breaker for me.

I am sending an email to Ach. Brito, advising them to raise the price to €30, so to be famous and coveted in the American market. I am certain that once they raise the price, the appraisal and consensus will follow accordingly and we will see SOTD with the soap everywhere.

I also fear that i may fail my April GRUME sooner than i had expected. I must stay strong.

I think you would have an initial captive audience. Price-point is probably the biggest determinant.
Example: DR Harris with wooden bowl = $38, Refill soap (only) $18.
Not sure they would sell well at ~$18, but ~$8-10 maybe?
You could even advertise a "pre-order" to limit your exposure for quantity?

And if you could control the color?
(drab grey isn't all that sexy....lol)
But that isn't even a deal-breaker for me.

@BradWorld You might be careful with using the name "Mogno" wrt a product you seek to sell (even if it's just for BST/forum purposes). I'm not familiar with US laws and IP right infringements, but isn't "Mogno" a registered trademark... ?!:shocked:

Anyway, it would be super cool to have a matching tub for the soap.

Last edited:

Ad Astra

The Instigator
@BradWorld You might be careful with using the name "Mogno" wrt a product you seek to sell (even if it's just for BST/forum purposes). I'm not familiar with US laws and IP right infringements, but isn't "Mogno" a registered trademark... ?!:shocked:

Anyways, it would be super cool to have a matching tub for the soap.
🤔 In that case, "Mongo" soap dishes could be the way out... Mel Brooks isn't going to care. He even settled with Heddy Lamarr. @It's Hedley

AA

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
Ach Brito is a trade name, but Mogno is just Portuguese for “Mahogany.” Push comes to shove, it could just be a friend’s stage name in Rio and the dish is for airing out thongs between shows and just coincidentally fits a bar of shave soap.

🤔 In that case, "Mongo" soap dishes could be the way out... Mel Brooks isn't going to care. He even settled with Heddy Lamarr. @It's Hedley

AA
images-1 copy.jpeg

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
If I’m gonna sell them publicly, which is unlikely, I’d have to change the name for sure, and clean up the design a little bit. If anyone really wants one, we can do it via PM and no one will be the wiser. Or just print it yourself. I’m looking into why the thingiverse link isn’t working.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Ach Brito is a trade name, but Mogno is just Portuguese for “Mahogany.” Push comes to shove, it could just be a friend’s stage name in Rio and the dish is for airing out thongs between shows and just coincidentally fits a bar of shave soap.

🤔

AA

Top Bottom