What's new

Ach. Brito Mogno, a new Old School classic

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Musgo is selling at 5 euros per 100g puck, that's much cheaper than I thought, maybe less than Haslinger. Surprising given the ingredient list which is so close to the Musgo Real shaving soap.

Yes Sir, prices are excellent indeed.

Mogno shaving soap 90g €3.99
Mogno bath soap 160g €2.99

Musgo shaving soap 100g €4.99
Musgo bath soap 160g €1.69

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
Anyone in the us or Canada stocking the new Musgo?—I will be picking up a few pucks to complement my mogno once it’s available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fendrihan at least looks like they are planning it

I bought a bar following the wonderful introduction. The hardest soap I've known! Even more so than SV .Yes a good soap. I've bought 4 more. I grated a bar and mixed it with some g Trumper ĺavender cream. Elevates both to a new level!
Best soap around at the and a very nice scent, superior to other well,loved low price soaps which I wont name!

How strange we humans are ! We always want what gets harder! For example, I'm crazy about American soaps, which I can't easily reach (due to high transportation costs and too low wages in my country). I have collected many cheap and good European soaps, but for goodness sake, I want American soaps! Sir, you have American soaps on hand, but you want cheap and good European soaps! From our madness the transport companies will prosper, the money must flow!
Thus, from the price of 5 euros in Europe, Musgo soap reaches $ 14 in America! A Stirling soap in Romania, costs $ 30!

Last edited:
How strange we humans are ! We always want what gets harder! For example, I'm crazy about American soaps, which I can't easily reach (due to high transportation costs and too low wages in my country). I have collected many cheap and good European soaps, but for goodness sake, I want American soaps! Sir, you have American soaps on hand, but you want cheap and good European soaps! From our madness the transport companies will prosper, the money must flow!
Thus, from the price of 5 euros in Europe, Musgo soap reaches $ 14 in America! A Stirling soap in Romania, costs $ 30!

There are European retailers who sell Stirling, but I'm not entirely sure how much their postage costs to Romania are.

It's funny how we often overlook the shaving products of own nations. I live in the UK, and aside from MWF I'm not really enthusiastic about a few shaving soaps/creams made here.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
I live in the UK, and aside from MWF I'm not really enthusiastic about a few shaving soaps/creams made here.

I live in Italy, and aside from Saponificio Varesino, I'm not really enthusiastic about the few hard soaps made here.

So, pretty much my own thoughts on my homeland products (please do consider that I'm no longer using soft soaps and soft creams).

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
New to mogno shave bar. Question for experienced users, how do you store the shave bar in between uses? Leave it in the paper box seems obvious but possibly not optimal. Suggestions appreciated.

New to mogno shave bar. Question for experienced users, how do you store the shave bar in between uses? Leave it in the paper box seems obvious but possibly not optimal. Suggestions appreciated.

You can use a travel soap box, they only cost around $1. Pick the soap up and lather in your hand. You can also use the bar like a large shaving stick to apply soap directly to the face. Rinse the soap before putting it back in the dish. Leave the lid open for a few hours to dry.
1617457977981.png

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy

I have been keeping mine in its sturdy cardboard box ever since I started using it. Just be sure the bar of soap is completely dry after use.

I wish the new Musgo had a similar box, but sadly it does not.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
This was my first day using Mogno. I think there is a little learning curve with this type of bar. I had a good lather initially, but just about ran out in the middle of the third pass. I rubbed the bar directly on my face like Arko. I also did not think my initial outing was a slick as Arko. I have some experimenting to do.

Do you guys rub the bar on your face like Arko? Or do you load the brush directly from the bar?

I was so intrigued with this soap, I decided to design a 3D printed case for mine. I think it came out okay. I used a low resolution for this test so it would print quicker, and i could then verify the fitment. I can most likely get it quite smooth and more finished looking. I made the sides taller than the bar because I was thinking I would load the brush directly from the bar. If its best to just rub the bar on the face, i will probably fit the sides closer to the actual dimensions of the soap. It was a fun little project for this afternoon. Then I come on here to post this, and I see there are already a couple of very recent posts about how to store Mogno. So this is quite timely I guess.

2021-04-03 19.22.08.jpg

2021-04-03 19.22.31.jpg

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Great suggestions. I had my first use today. Used the bar like a shave stick. Beginners luck maybe but had a great lather. Not knowing what to do I left it on top of the box while I did my clean up. As it dried I had to pull it off the box a little. I ordered a little soap box like @Atlantic59 suggested. Finally my own soap box 😆🤣😂

Top Bottom