What's new

Ach. Brito Mogno, a new Old School classic

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Haslinger v2? First tallow, then changed to no tallow. Does this mean there's yet another change to it?!!

Yes Sir, there's another change. The Haslinger V2 is the second version of their vegetable based formula for shaving soaps. This version has now coconut oil in place of the previously used palm oil and this should provide an even better lather, in terms of creaminess and overall performance. At least this is what I've read. Let's see.

Yes Sir, there's another change. The Haslinger V2 is the second version of their vegetable based formula for shaving soaps. This version has coconut oil in place of palm oil and this should provide an even better lather, in terms of creaminess and overall performance. At least this is what I've read. Let's see.
Sounds like a similar formula to the "Sensativ" version they released earlier. People who tried it said they liked the lather and performance.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Another soap I have yet to try but with so many in the den need to use stuff up first 😎😎😎

The reason why I intentionally mentioned Haslinger in this thread is because Haslinger, just like Ach. Brito, makes EXCELLENT quality soaps and sells them at a very low price. Also, both brands are TRUE Old School classics. :thumbup:

It's called Mogno (Mahogony). I think they are trying to appeal to the more youthful customers with a different brand. It is also a lot cheaper, though the ingredients look very similar to Musgo Real hard soap. Mogno is like 4 Euros for a 90g bar. @Marco says Mogno performance is quite close to Musgo Real hard soap, which costs four times more in Europe.

There is also an Ach Brito soap called Musgo (not Musgo Real) that appears to be new, but I could be wrong about that.

There is also an Ach Brito soap called Musgo (not Musgo Real) that appears to be new, but I could be wrong about that.

It is new and I already posted the ingredient list earlier in the thread #134.
I have not tried it.

I’ve been using Mogno for about three weeks in a row. I’m coming to the conclusion it’s the best value in shaving soap. It is only one notch below the absolute best performers, and you can get it for less ten dollars a bar and it will last 4-6 months. Absolutely killer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
I’ve been using Mogno for about three weeks in a row. I’m coming to the conclusion it’s the best value in shaving soap. It is only one notch below the absolute best performers, and you can get it for less ten dollars a bar and it will last 4-6 months. Absolutely killer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I too can't figure out a reason not to use it. It lasts an eternity. Performs 98% as well as a the best of them. Smells great. Super cheap.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

It's called Mogno (Mahogony). I think they are trying to appeal to the more youthful customers with a different brand. It is also a lot cheaper, though the ingredients look very similar to Musgo Real hard soap. Mogno is like 4 Euros for a 90g bar. @Marco says Mogno performance is quite close to Musgo Real hard soap, which costs four times more in Europe.

Ah I see the original post I replied to was misspelled as Musgo, thank you for clarifying my confusion. Have a puck of Mongo as well as Musgo Real and really like them both. The scent of Mongo is excellent and well blended scent.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Just a quick FYI note for my friends: the proper name of this Portuguese soap is MOGNO, not Mongo. Thanks. :001_smile

Great soap. Foam is obtained easily and quickly, does not settle, good glide. Out of soap in brush? Just wet your brush and you will get a lot of foam. Only one small complaint is slight discomfort towards the end of the shave. It didn't burn yet, but it was a little uncomfortable. I hope this wears off :)

shaved again this morning with the mogno bar, great as before.
unique scent, paired well with pitralon afterwards.

ach brito mogno ems feather pitralon february 11 2021.jpg

Top Bottom