What's new

Ach. Brito Mogno, a new Old School classic

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Well gentlemen,

After use since November, my puck of Mogno is finally showing a hole in the middle. Less than one month to go, I expect. I would estimate I used it 3 times a week, on average.

Stellar performer. I really can't fault it with regards to anything. While it is not the absolute best at anything it does, it does everything at a very good level. With price factored in you would be silly not to use this.

Therefore, pulling the trigger on the new Musgo too seems mandatory at this point. :yesnod:

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
Therefore, pulling the trigger on the new Musgo too seems mandatory at this point. :yesnod:
Eventually, yes.

Unlike most, I try to keep a small inventory of soap and cream. Right now I have 3 I need to sell, the last remnants of the Mogno to use up, a brand new Seaforth soap, and a tube of Speick to get acquainted with.

On the shortlist of soaps to try are Musgo and and CRSW Schapenmelk.

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
Speaking of which, @Marco, if you have not yet tried Spieck cream, I encourage you in the strongest possible terms to do so. I have only used it twice so far, but my first impressions are that it is as good as Mogno, even a little better. I think it's even better than Cella Extra Extra Bio.

One of my favorite aspects is that Speick lathers up in literally 30 seconds. The lather is thick, voluminous, protective, and stable. And my skin feels very happy after using it.

If you can't get it where you are I can send you some!

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Speaking of which, @Marco, if you have not yet tried Spieck cream, I encourage you in the strongest possible terms to do so. I have only used it twice so far, but my first impressions are that it is as good as Mogno, even a little better. I think it's even better than Cella Extra Extra Bio.

One of my favorite aspects is that Speick lathers up in literally 30 seconds. The lather is thick, voluminous, protective, and stable. And my skin feels very happy after using it.

If you can't get it where you are I can send you some!

Sir, I have used Speick many times in the past, both cream and stick. They are certainly very good.

That said, I am now a hard, tallow-free soap user only now. Sole cream remaining in my den is La Toja Classic.

And do remember the Italian Master Barbers' Technique (improperly known as my method). :straight:

Beautiful looking case, Sir. :a14:

Marco, a really dumb question regarding the so called "Italian Master Barbers' Technique" (your method, really).

When you say:

"Turn your brush upside-down WITHOUT shaking it. Allow only the gravity water to fall down and move your brush carefully, since it has to be kept full of water."​

By "upside-down" you mean bristles facing down? The "only" difference being not to shake or squeeze the brush?

Or the opposite: bristles facing up, allowing for the excess water to drain from the point where the knot inserts at the handle?

I know this may seem obvious to most - if not all - folks, but I'll make up in perseverance whatever I may lack elsewhere!

Thank you!

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Marco, a really dumb question regarding the so called "Italian Master Barbers' Technique" (your method, really).

When you say:

"Turn your brush upside-down WITHOUT shaking it. Allow only the gravity water to fall down and move your brush carefully, since it has to be kept full of water."​

By "upside-down" you mean bristles facing down? The "only" difference being not to shake or squeeze the brush?

Or the opposite: bristles facing up, allowing for the excess water to drain from the point where the knot inserts at the handle?

I know this may seem obvious to most - if not all - folks, but I'll make up in perseverance whatever I may lack elsewhere!

Thank you!

Cesare, yes "upside-down" means bristles facing down.

If the knot is densely packed a gentle squeeze at its base would be required. Alternatively, a little shake of the brush would be fine, too.

No need to apologize Sir, there are no dumb questions. We are here for you. :001_smile

Cesare, yes "upside-down" means bristles facing down.

If the knot is densely packed a gentle squeeze at its base would be required. Alternatively, a little shake of the brush would be fine, too.

No need to apologize Sir, there are no dumb questions. We are here for you. :001_smile

Impeccable, as always, Marco...

Thank you!

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Marco! I go away for a short time and return to find this!! What happened? :D

My friend, as I have already explained I got tired of using soft soaps and soft creams (La Toja Classic is the sole exception, since it performs at the highest level, almost like the La Toja stick - my overall #1 pick).

In the last months, I discovered the pleasure of using hard soaps and do find that the latest tallow-free novelties are truly superb in terms of latherability, slickness (!) and post shave feel. The new soaps from Ach. Brito (Mogno, Musgo and reformulated Musgo Real) are exceptional in every possible way. The recent Haslinger V2 soaps are the finest Haslinger soaps that have ever been produced.

First shave with this today. In a word...superb!

For a non-tallow soap, slickness and cushion were just as good. Scent is truly classic.

Lathered very easily but doing the loading is awkward, it being a bar rather than a puck. I’m sure I will overcome.

Recommended! Thank you Marco! Your suggestions are always very very good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First shave with this today. In a word...superb!

For a non-tallow soap, slickness and cushion were just as good. Scent is truly classic.

Lathered very easily but doing the loading is awkward, it being a bar rather than a puck. I’m sure I will overcome.

Recommended! Thank you Marco! Your suggestions are always very very good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now you may want to try the Musgo (no Real here) shaving soap, made by the same Ach. Brito company.
You might like it even better. :thumbup:

B.

Gentlemen, the NEWEST Musgo has arrived straight from Ach. Brito in Portugal.

Give a close look at the two ingredients lists below. It's Ach. Brito Musgo Vs Claus Porto Musgo Real (by Ach. Brito). Do you notice anything?

Ach. Brito Musgo

View attachment 1241529

Claus Porto Musgo Real (by Ach. Brito)

View attachment 1241530

Hey Marco, is this new Musgo the same scent as the older Green Musgo Real puck? Am a bit intregued by the new formula and thinking of tracking down a puck since the old MR and Mongo soaps are excellent with amazing scents.

Hey Marco, are these new Musgo Ah Brito after reformulation the ones in the photo?

ACH-199SB_x1024.jpg

Hey Marco, are these new Musgo Ah Brito after reformulation the ones in the photo?

View attachment 1273192

It's not really a reformulation because the product has not previously existed. It is a new product under the Ach Brito brand name.

There has always been Claus Porto Musgo Real. Now there is also Ach Brito Musgo.

The photo you have provided is Ach Brito Musgo. Very similar scent and performance to the original Claus Porto Musgo Real, but at a lower price point.

Top Bottom