What's new

Ach. Brito Mogno, a new Old School classic

Mon 15th SOTD Heard so much about this soap and finally get to try it!
Soap Ach Brito Mogno 1st Use of New Soap👍👍👍
Awesome shave today! I am very impressed with this super slick and very pleasant scented new soap! Easy to lather and provided a thickly creamy and superslick layer. Marvelous shave session.
20210215_081135.jpg

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
First shave today with my newly opened second bar of Mogno. Needless to say it was MAGNIFICENT! [emoji106]1:
I have to ask Marco: how is Musgo Real different or better than Mohno? And how does it compare to SV?

A world of Italian shave soap is opening up to me...

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Dear colleagues, you made me crave this soap ! I have enough European soaps, but I can't help myself with this temptation.
Where can I order this soap from Europe (Ach Brito Mogno), with minimal transport?

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
I have to ask Marco: how is Musgo Real different or better than Mogno? And how does it compare to SV?

A world of Italian shave soap is opening up to me...

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Musgo Real Classic and Mogno have almost everything in common: same manufacturer (Ach. Brito), same ease of latherability, a very close ingredients list. Scent profile is magnificent on both, but much different.

Musgo Real Classic is, in my opinion, ever so slightly better in terms of richness and density of lather. But again, these differences are minimal and I think many wet shavers probably would not even notice them. I say so because I know I am a perfectionist, a pernickety person and often split hairs. The true reality is that both are FANTASTIC and both are worth keeping in the den. Absolutely. :thumbup:

Saponificio Varesino? Just as great, but with many complex scents, beautiful tins and matching bath soaps, after shaves and colognes.

Last edited:
You can try Gift and Care:
They are shipping to Romania.

Thank you, I tried to order, but unfortunately 2 pieces of Mogno with transport in Romania, cost me about 18 euros for 180 grams of soap. I think I will say step by step considering that I can buy from Romania 200 grams of Tabac stick, La Toja, Lea, Speick stick, Cella, Vitos, for only 10 euros. Soap is cheaper than shipping unfortunately!

Unfortunately, I've had to stop using my bar of Mogno. My face starts to burn after the second pass. Awesome soap for the money - shame about the reaction!

Just have mine a sniff today as haven’t got round to using it yet. Does smell rather nice but have so much soap thinking I need to finish one before using this bad boy

Unfortunately, I've had to stop using my bar of Mogno. My face starts to burn after the second pass. Awesome soap for the money - shame about the reaction!
I understand you. The first time I used it, I felt a slight burning sensation on my face, right after the first pass. I left the soap out of the box to air out for 3-5 days and it worked. The intensity of the aroma of the soap decreased, and the reaction of the skin went away with it. I think the problem is in the aroma. Try it, maybe it will help you as well.

I left the soap out of the box to air out for 3-5 days and it worked. The intensity of the aroma of the soap decreased, and the reaction of the skin went away with it.

I had a similar experience with Arko. I actually like the scent, but something about the soap gave me a razor-burn like sensation the first few times I used it. I put the opened stick on a shelf for a long while before trying it again. No more skin irritation, and it's among my favorite soaps now.

Top Bottom