What's new

ACH BRITO "LAVANDA" EAU de COLOGNE

I purchased a bottle after reading about the Cologne here on B&B.

My initial reaction? I like it. I've never used a Lavender cologne before. I usually prefer citrus fragrances. The fragrance is mild and clean. On the downside, it doesn't last long. But, some of that is my nose getting used to it.

I purchased it from "BeautyWays". They had the best price. I didn't want to pay a lot, just incase I didn't like it.

IDK if I'll add it to my 'ritual', but it was worth a try.

b/r

ON_1

I haven't tried it because every lavender cologne I have smelled is too camphoric for me, but most of my household soaps are lavender scented. I can't say that I would wear it out, but if I found something that I enjoyed I would wear it around the house when I am home. I actually really like geranium as well, but wouldn't wear something like that out either.

Agree that it does not last that long, similar to quite a few other Mediterranean fragrances, but it does not bother me.

I too like the clean and fresh traditional (has been around for more than 90 years) scent and used it only yesterday.
If you can get your hands one one, the larger 200 ml and 750 ml bottles are very reasonably priced on a per volume basis.

B.

The scent brings back a memory from my childhood. Someone, an older male relative or a friend of the family, but I immediately recognized the fragrance. It's funny how smells can do that.

b/r

ON_1

Alright, I looked it up and it sounds like a less heavy, simpler version of Pour un Homme(Caron). But it pre-dates it by a few years.

Edit, I found Uralt Lavendel pre-dates this and is in the same family scent wise.

Last edited:

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I purchased a bottle after reading about the Cologne here on B&B.

My initial reaction? I like it. I've never used a Lavender cologne before. I usually prefer citrus fragrances. The fragrance is mild and clean. On the downside, it doesn't last long. But, some of that is my nose getting used to it.

I purchased it from "BeautyWays". They had the best price. I didn't want to pay a lot, just incase I didn't like it.

IDK if I'll add it to my 'ritual', but it was worth a try.

b/r

ON_1
Try it mid arm a little dab splash and you it has staying strength but it is not a loud scent and that is the beauty of it and does not drive folks out of the room.:laugh: The Lavanda shaving cream is excellent also to compliment it.
I just did a recent right up on it today myself also.

Ach Brito Lavanda cologne aftershave, I use this as a aftershave mostly in a misting small 50ml bottle, it has a wonderful scent of lavender and a slight mint twist to it with my sense of smell. It comes in a 6 OZ bottle and it has been one of my favorites for a nice relaxing scent that has some staying strength that lasts a long time when misted mid arm for testing. According to the Guru's of fragrance it has top notes of citrus , lavender mid note and woody notes for base if that helps some one. This Lavanda scent was made in 1929 and it just works and is pleasant with some projection but should not offend folks in close qtrs or office setting I'm thinking. It comes with no restrictor so care needs to be done for less spillage (little funnel I use for filling my small misting bottle ).
The Lavanda cream shaving soap is very good with nice scent with excellent lather qualities + also and matches the splash scent wise. Very enjoyable combination of shaving cream and Cologne splash.
Price: I bought mine a few years ago and it was around $29 Canadian but I recently checked prices and they have gone upwards considerably lately but deals can still be had. Lavanda shaving cream tube is around $11 Canadian dollars .
Ach Brito Colonge aftershave.jpg

Ach Brito Colonge aftershave 2- 50ml.jpg

SOTD February 16th 2023
SOTD Feburary 15 2023 .jpg

Scent strength: this scent has some staying power and is more linear in a nice range of not over powering and driving folks to the nearest window or door. I would give it around a 3-4 in my not so scientific chart but it just a reference to reasonable area to conclude over the years of use. If a person likes this scent a lot you can layer it once in while to retain some more staying power over a longer time slot. I rate this almost must for lavender scent enthusiast( not a dark scent of lavender IMO) who are looking for that calming effect and a stellar scent that lavender is known for + has been around for a few generations that just works well. Might as well enjoy the shaving cream also like I do.(nice treat)
Business card test: I did not do this test for this product because it has good staying strength on the skin mid arm so the paper test would conclude this scent lasting even longer IMO. But a person can always do this test if the curious type.

Last edited:

lasta

Blade Biter
I haven't tried it because every lavender cologne I have smelled is too camphoric for me, but most of my household soaps are lavender scented. I can't say that I would wear it out, but if I found something that I enjoyed I would wear it around the house when I am home. I actually really like geranium as well, but wouldn't wear something like that out either.
You might want to give Les Plus Belles Lavandes de Caron a try, light PuH without the camphor qualities.

Top Bottom