What's new

Aceto Balsamico Marinated Pork Tenderloin

500 g pork tenderloin
6 cloves garlic, sliced
100 ml aceto balsamico (balsamic vinegar)
mustard to taste (I use ~ 1/4 cup whole grain)
salt
ground black pepper
oil

Cut meat into 1" thick medallions. Flatten each with a meat hammer just a little on one side. Rub with salt and pepper and spread mustard over. Put in a bowl with garlic and aceto balsamico. Cover and marinate for a few hours.

Heat some oil in a pan and fry medallions on each side, but not completely. Pour the rest of the marinade, cover and continue to cook on low heat for about 20 minutes.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Cooking with Balsamic vinegar is something I need to do soon!

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
That sounds great, but are you sure about the 20 minutes? Tenderloins cook in a flash, and it's a sin to overcook them.

That sounds great, but are you sure about the 20 minutes? Tenderloins cook in a flash, and it's a sin to overcook them.

With pork, yes, 20 minutes. First time I had it, I was amazed how moist and tended they were.

Jim

i wonder, i was in a restorant the other day, they serve a plate of olive oil with balsamic vinegar at the bottom for you to dip bread in to while you´re wating for your food,

the thing is, it was thicker then usual and had a slight sweet and bitter touch to it, and i wondered, mixing pure coco powder in to it isnt such a bad idea, gives it a very unique flavour,

i wonder if it would work aswell with the marinade,

SNIP<<<it was thicker then usual and had a slight sweet and bitter touch to it,>>>>SNIP

I would think the "thickness" you speak of comes from the well-aged vinegar. The stuff I use for cooking is cheap (~ $8-10 for a 750 ml bottle) but the true old vinegar is very expensive and is quite thick. A little is wonderful on a sliver of well aged Parmesan cheese.

Jim

I would think the "thickness" you speak of comes from the well-aged vinegar. The stuff I use for cooking is cheap (~ $8-10 for a 750 ml bottle) but the true old vinegar is very expensive and is quite thick. A little is wonderful on a sliver of well aged Parmesan cheese.

Jim

You can usually get an 8-12 year balsamic at a reasonable price (under $20 for 325ml), it's when you get into the 50yr+ at ~$200 for a few ounces that it's crazy.

Aged balsamic on fresh ripe strawberries is an incredible thing.

That said, once this heatwave breaks, I think I'll try out your medallions.

The Balsamic Vinegar with cheese or fruit, that's to die for. The better food stores are starting to carry great selections of vinegar and oil and it's amazing how much variety and quality there can be with these simple products. One of the best specialty stores I've found is Vom Fass. They have five stores in the US now and they're all over Europe being a German company. Check them out on line at www.vomfassusa.com .

Another good combination is to put a drop or two (not much because it can overpower) in your butter when your making your morning fried egg.

Top Bottom