What's new

Accidentally got aftershave on the cat

My cat was crying inconsolably while I was in the bathroom, as he often does in the mornings and after work in the afternoons. I picked him up after putting on some Aqua Velva Classic Ice Blue. He nuzzled up against my face a few times, which I didn't even think about it at the time (usually I use a scent free witch hazel).

I guess this was a mistake. A few hours later when my wife got home, she was asking me why the top of the cat's head smelled like cologne or aftershave.

Here's a picture of the little guy, who is now an AV man! :lol: We call him Mr. Banana

Attachments

• $banana.jpg
    $banana.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 266
Mr. Banana is a cute guy. I was afraid the result of your story might have been him freaking out over the menthol on his face or something. I'm glad it was nothing more than a little scent on his noggin.

Clearly, neither of you have heard of syngent. :thumbup:

I still haven't. I just looked it up, and the only thing I found was a company that does IT infrastructure. Color me baffled.

Edit: Just did a B&B search and realized you're talking about another member. Sorry - I didn't recognize the name. What's his story? Given that he's got nearly 13,000 posts, you'll forgive me for not digging through them to find out myself. :wink:

Last edited:
Haha that's great. I've also nuzzled cats after shaving, only to realize a few hours later they smell like whatever aftershave I used. They don't seem to mind at all. :)

I'm Sure it was an accident! :thumbup: He looks like a really cool cat. I've got an orange and a gray tabby. The orange is Kujo, cause he's a killer, and the other is Louie, because my wife wouldn't let me call him Larry! I love to torment Louie because of all the trouble he causes me. I will have to remember to put a little Bay Rum on him the next time he's laying in my sink while I'm trying to work my morning routine!

Joe

It's all a matter of perspective. You might say you got aftershave on your cat. Others might say you got cat on your aftershave.

I still haven't. I just looked it up, and the only thing I found was a company that does IT infrastructure. Color me baffled.

Edit: Just did a B&B search and realized you're talking about another member. Sorry - I didn't recognize the name. What's his story? Given that he's got nearly 13,000 posts, you'll forgive me for not digging through them to find out myself. :wink:

He is (in)famous for accidentally (depending on who you ask) getting ink on his cat! :laugh:

Yep one of my cats loves to hang out in the bathroom and I've petted her a few times after applying aftershave. Think British Sterling has smelled the best on her so far. 😄

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member

He is (in)famous for accidentally (depending on who you ask) getting ink on his cat! :laugh:

Also on his desk...hand....foot....and sink:
http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showth...e-Been-Waiting-For-with-pictures-!?highlight=

Oh and his shirt too:

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showth...-Of-Carrying-a-Swapped-Nib-At-Work?highlight=

Couldn't find the cat incident. But be sure it's out there.

Funny. I do notice occasionally, the smell of aftrshave on my cats. One of them smelled like Boellis Panama 1924 for like three days. That stuff is pretty tenacious.

Deny everything and make counter-accusations!

LOL that's funny. My wife has told me our little parrot smells like aftershave sometimes :lol:

Top Bottom