What's new

Accidentally bought Nivea sensitive cooling balm

I meant to buy regular sensitive not the cooling balm. It seems to be causing irritation but I’m not sure. Unfortunately it’s somewhat common because I’m new and have a sensitive neck. Anyone else have issues with “cooling” or menthol type AS?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've definitely heard of people having a reaction to menthol. Try skipping it for a couple days to see if your skin irritation improves.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
I can't use anything with menthol in. It burns my skin, and is excruciatingly painful. I have to be especially careful with shaving gear, as a lot of the "cooling" or "sensitive" products have it in. So the products that supposedly alleviate problems, are often the ones that cause me problems.

Here’s the list. I don’t see any menthol either. I just assumed.
proxy.php

Menthoxypropanediol is a synthetic derivative of menthol.

Thanks for the info. Lots of big words in there. I guess that’s the coolant.
I think my irritation is coming from shaving my neck too close but I need more shaves to figure it out. Thanks for the help

On the items that cause irritation in your newbie phase, keep them aside so you can revisit as your gain more experience and better technique. I am amazed by items I didn't get along with as a newbie that I enjoy now.

Always a good idea. I have two boys that will be shaving soon. If not me, maybe them.

Top Bottom