What's new

AC blade holder/dryer?

Anyone know of a little blade case one could use to store/travel with an AC blade between shaves? Bonus if it allows air flow for drying. I'm thinking something along the lines of the 3D printed DE blade dryer by FrugalShave on Etsy. I cuold probably ask FrugalShave to make a custom AC blade holder but i'm hoping there is something that exists already.

Anyone know of a little blade case one could use to store/travel with an AC blade between shaves? Bonus if it allows air flow for drying. I'm thinking something along the lines of the 3D printed DE blade dryer by FrugalShave on Etsy. I cuold probably ask FrugalShave to make a custom AC blade holder but i'm hoping there is something that exists already.
I've received several requests to design a blade holder/dryer. I didn't think there was much interest. If I do come up with a design, I'll upload it onto my Thingiverse page. Thingiverse - Digital Designs for Physical Objects - https://www.thingiverse.com/rogerquin/designs

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
All I do is use modified magnetic business cards for the fridge and I use all kinds of different blades, I use(DE , Schick injector, Gem, AC, modified Auto-strop, modifed one blade....), I'm always using different razors and use AC blades also and just made one for 50mm recently and works well (I also experiment with AC blades in Schick injectors and needed a magnetic storage holder . All blades are magnetic I have found.
All I do is find a dry area of the towel and tap dry blade and place between the 2 cards and forget about it until it comes up for rotation. I have doing this for over 5 years with no regrets and would not change at all. I think it is safer than putting the blade back in the wrapper or blade magazine holder I have found (less handling IMO).
You don't need a blade bank like I have and I did not spend much on it either.
There are lots of other ideas no doubt.
Blade storage 2 (2).jpg
Blade storage 3 (2).jpg
Blade storage 1.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Let me see if I got this straight, you want something to just transport AC type blades?
I'll try to explain. Let's say I'm going on a trip for a week. I only need one AC blade that will last me through the entire trip. I don't want to bring an entire cartridge of blades since I only need one. I'd like a place to store that blade during travel so that 1) the blade is safe and won't inadvertently scrape against frabic or something and end up damaged/dull, and 2) provide a place to store and dry the blade in between shaves to prevent rust, and 3) just avoid leaving an exposed blade on the counter or even in the razor itself. Even if i fully dry off the razor and carefully dry off the blade and put them all back to together I wouldn't want my GF or a maid or whoever reaching for the razor to move it out of way and not realizing that a blade is loaded in it.

Here is an example of the kind of thing I'm looking for except this one is for DE blades.
proxy.php

Not sure why you don't just leave it in the razor. If it is not a folder then I guess you might need something else. The magnetic business cards work well. Stuck between two of them I think you are good to go. But hey, Making something out of the ordinary is always fun. I will watch and see what comes of it.

I guess i should have made it clear that I'm using a Blackland Vector, not a shavette. The blade is exposed if i just leave it in the razor.

Maybe get a folding shavette?

Take the blade out of your regular razor ( this will give you a chance to dry it too)
Pop it into the shavette and fold it up.
Now the blade is safe and dry and won't damage anything you pack it with.

Top Bottom