What's new

ABV in aftershave

What is the average ABV for higher end after shaves? Stuff like paa, declaration, noble otter, etc.

I have messed around with making my own aftershave in the past, but I tend to do higher proof stuff because I like the burn. Now I'm thinking I could calm it down a bit for the sake of my face, as my wife doesn't want me to end up looking like a Shar-Pei in 10 years 😂

I've tried googling this like crazy, but apparently I'm not mastering the right words. Any ideas folks?

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Most aftershave splashes should be about 66% water and at least 15-20% alcohol by weight. However, most drugstore splashes are approximately 40% ABV.

Many artisan aftershaves have even higher AVB amounts of 60-85% because they are using essential oils.

Last edited:
Most aftershave splashes should be about 66% water and at least 15-20% alcohol by weight. However, most drugstore splashes are approximately 40% ABV.

Many artisan aftershaves have even higher AVB amounts of 60-85% because they are using essential oils.

Awesome! Thanks for the great answer!

Among the aftershave splashes in my collection where the ABV is stated on the bottle, it typically ranges between 50% and 80%. The highest I have seen is 87% (Marbert Man Classic). If the ABV is lower than 50%, the aftershave feels a bit too watery in my opinion - but of course that’s a matter of personal preference.

Top Bottom