What's new

Above the Tie SSRH - First Shave

I used my new SSRH Windsor head and base plate for the first time yesterday and was extremely impressed. It was my first DE shave after six with my ATT X1 Slant. I used a Feather blade and immediately noticed more blade feel and efficiency but zero knicks or cuts. I attribute that to a decade of using the same handle and an ATT razor for the last ten years, but I was surprised that it wasn't as aggressive as I expected. I was careful, and my technique with the razor is quite good. Once this blade is done, I will try out my S1 and S2 slant heads. I know there are a lot of great razors out there, but after using an ATT razor for so long, I chose to try their variations rather than delve into a new brand, and I am happy with the results. I have many options with interchangeable heads and handles and I love the shave I get with this setup!

I used my new SSRH Windsor head and base plate for the first time yesterday and was extremely impressed. It was my first DE shave after six with my ATT X1 Slant. I used a Feather blade and immediately noticed more blade feel and efficiency but zero knicks or cuts. I attribute that to a decade of using the same handle and an ATT razor for the last ten years, but I was surprised that it wasn't as aggressive as I expected. I was careful, and my technique with the razor is quite good. Once this blade is done, I will try out my S1 and S2 slant heads. I know there are a lot of great razors out there, but after using an ATT razor for so long, I chose to try their variations rather than delve into a new brand, and I am happy with the results. I have many options with interchangeable heads and handles and I love the shave I get with this setup!
The SSRH is a great razor. Nothing wrong with sticking with a solid brand like ATT.

I have the old M, R, and H plates for the windsor. The R plate was my favorite razor for a long time and keeps bouncing back and forth with my Henson ++ Ti. Am tempted to get a RH plate as there are times I want just a bit more efficiently.

I have the old M, R, and H plates for the windsor. The R plate was my favorite razor for a long time and keeps bouncing back and forth with my Henson ++ Ti. Am tempted to get a RH plate as there are times I want just a bit more efficiently.
Not to push you one direction or the other, but I found the SSRH plate more comfortable as well as more efficient then the older R plate. Not sure why it was more comfortable, but the SSRH worked better for me.

I agree with @gdawg55

The SSRH has a slightly bigger gap of 0.8mm than the old R plate gap of 0.58mm.

I feel the SSRH has a bit more blade bend, which adds to the smoothness.

I just happily found SSRH has an aluminum version, ALRH.
Have anyone cever compared SSRH with RR GC84 or Lupo95?
I am quite satisfied with aluminum R2.
I am wondering if SSRH cannot be efficient as R2.

I just happily found SSRH has an aluminum version, ALRH.
Have anyone cever compared SSRH with RR GC84 or Lupo95?
I am quite satisfied with aluminum R2.
I am wondering if SSRH cannot be efficient as R2.

The Windsor line (SSMR/SSRH & SSM1/SSR1/SSH1) is far superior to the older classic line (M1/R1/H1) as the Windsor has a broader cap, minimising any blade chatter.

I found the SSRH about as efficient as the GC84, but more comfortable and less "bitey".

Top Bottom