What's new

Above the Tie S2/S1 Rough Shave

The weight is not something that is easy to get used to when you've been using normal middle of the road razors. I wish stainless steel could be lighter, however it seems if one wishes to have a razor that could survive a nuclear war yuh gotta accept some pitfalls! The ATT feels light to me after purchasing a timeless.

Yeah I'm a two WTG pass shaver as I have sebhorriec dermatitis and ATG destroys my skin. Doesn't matter how gentle I am my whole face will end up feeling sore and hot involving the seb derm afflicted areas. However I will say that there is something about the s1 that just has a little more blade feel than most can take. I neglected to mention that I also tamed this razor with Personna Lab Blues and Med Preps. They cut efficiently enough that I can actually utilize no pressure and get away with it. Due to the angle of the blade in the s1 the shave is less cutting and more scraping. Sounds weird but with no pressure it does work out in the end. Still, try a Lab Blue in it. It's the only blade for me that passed my comfort litmus test in this razor. Seems like some people can use this razor as effortlessly as any other and than some people have a hard time working out it's somewhat anomalous geometry and quirks

I can get a comfortable shave WTG with any razor. I can get an uncomfortable shave AGT with most razors. If it isn't comfortable ATG I won't keep it.

I can get a comfortable shave WTG with any razor. I can get an uncomfortable shave AGT with most razors. If it isn't comfortable ATG I won't keep it.
I understand, still I have seen a multitude of people attesting to the fact that perssonna labs work well in this razor. No doubt it varies from person to person however something about those blades just made this razor work better than any other. And just barely touching the razor to my face. But to be honest I think Matt realized that its a somewhat inaccessible razor. I would return it for a windsor, if you are particular about it being American made. Otherwise they are coming out with a Windsor pro that has the same blade exposure as the classics but with a better cutting angle and blade support. Most people favorably compare the windsors to timeless and wolfman. I would say the classics were kinda alpha razors and Matt even said hes phasing them out and only producing windsors. I like the S1, but I get it man. I wouldn't have made this thread otherwise. Played hell getting it to work well for me.

Top Bottom