What's new

Above the Tie Copper Windsor!!!

Interesting info, do let us know how it goes, from what I read elsewhere they are both excellent, but am looking forward to your impression.

As for blade exposure, you just confirmed my decision to go for H1 if I ever decide to get one.
I've been using Timeless .68 all week (most of the time I use .95) and while it's great and still fairly efficient, it always reminds me that I prefer more blade feel and efficiency of .95. For me there's no sacrifice in smoothness as I find .95 is still not what I would consider to be aggressive razor.
Do you do a 2 or 3 pass shave with the .95?

Do you do a 2 or 3 pass shave with the .95?

I always do 2, I'm not too keen on chasing BBS, normally I will shave WTG and XTG.
With .95 however, where my growth is thickest, I have zero need for buffing, with .68 it's a bit more difficult to get there with 2 passes, but it is pretty close I must admit. I wouldn't put big money on it, but I feel that .95 shaves ever so slightly closer too.

The bigger issue, more so than efficiency is that it's hard to feel where the blade is on your face with .68.
It's smooth and efficient and shaves exceptionally well too, but you just kinda have to "trust" that it'll do so. I don't really feel the blade, it "just works", where with .95, you get that feel, which is what I prefer.

....I haven’t used a Timeless, but a friend here has offered to loan me one to try.

Don't do it, just don't... ignorance is bliss. :D :D :D

I have found the H plate to be a perfect fit for me. Smooth, efficient and easy BBS. The R plate was very smooth but not quite as efficient for me. Excellent blade rigidity so easy ATG pass

Top Bottom