What's new

Above the Tie - Above the Crowd

Although I'm 85% (rotation) into vintage I've pretty much decided to replace my aging C37 with a S-1. This will be my first stainless and since I've really heard no QC concerns about ATT, I guess it' just down to whether the S-1 and I will be compatible.

Although I'm 85% (rotation) into vintage I've pretty much decided to replace my aging C37 with a S-1. This will be my first stainless and since I've really heard no QC concerns about ATT, I guess it' just down to whether the S-1 and I will be compatible.
If you are really happy with the 37C, and get a comfortable & I'm sure close, shave with it then you might find the S1 a bit mild. I think the 37C to be an outstanding razor, but a speck too aggressive for a daily shaver. I also can't use the R1 & don't care for the sharp teeth of the M2. For MY face the S1 is probably the best ATT razor.
Good luck,
Ron I

If you are really happy with the 37C, and get a comfortable & I'm sure close, shave with it then you might find the S1 a bit mild. I think the 37C to be an outstanding razor, but a speck too aggressive for a daily shaver. I also can't use the R1 & don't care for the sharp teeth of the M2. For MY face the S1 is probably the best ATT razor.
Good luck,
Ron I

I do like my 37C so I guess I'm just looking for an excuse to get a stainless. From what I've read I agree the S-1 will be milder than my Merc slant. But since I can get a near BBS with a Super Speed one day and jump to a Single Ring the next, the S-1 will just add more variety to my 25+ razor stable. Thanks for the input. Pat

I was blown away by the S1. Trumped all my other SE razors.

And I agree the Calypso R is an awesome razor. The longer Atlas handle is fantastic. The weight difference makes the R plate feel less aggressive than the SS R1; but the razor is the same geometry. I'm having a lot of fun with it. And it's looks killer! Perfect color combo.

I was blown away by the S1. Trumped all my other SE razors.

And I agree the Calypso R is an awesome razor. The longer Atlas handle is fantastic. The weight difference makes the R plate feel less aggressive than the SS R1; but the razor is the same geometry. I'm having a lot of fun with it. And it's looks killer! Perfect color combo.

Hang on are you talking about the SE1 or the S1?

I am currently in the middle of a deal for an S1. I already have the Wunderbar, but I am looking forward to trying the S1. It is supposed to be smoother and more comfortable ( although I have no problems with the WB).
I've never tried the Wunderbar, but I have one en route, hopefully be here tomorrow. I can personally testify to the smoothness of the S1, keeping YMMV in mind, naturally. :001_smile

I've never tried the Wunderbar, but I have one en route, hopefully be here tomorrow. I can personally testify to the smoothness of the S1, keeping YMMV in mind, naturally. :001_smile

I am looking forward to it. I should get mine in the next couple days. As for the Wunderbar, it is a smooth and efficient razor, but it can hurt you if you don't pay attention. It likes Feathers and a very light touch.

I just bought the Kronos with an M1 head. I have been looking for a stainless steel razor (or at least non-zamak) for a while and after considering all the options and reading all the feedback here and elsewhere, it seemed like a no-brainer to go with this combo. Other options like the Rockwell 6s or Fatip Gentile all did not appeal to me quite as much as these beauties and others seemed either potentially too aggressive or were simply unattainable. I should get the razor later this week and hope to give it a whirl then.

I just bought the Kronos with an M1 head. I have been looking for a stainless steel razor (or at least non-zamak) for a while and after considering all the options and reading all the feedback here and elsewhere, it seemed like a no-brainer to go with this combo. Other options like the Rockwell 6s or Fatip Gentile all did not appeal to me quite as much as these beauties and others seemed either potentially too aggressive or were simply unattainable. I should get the razor later this week and hope to give it a whirl then.

Congrats on a great choice! :thumbup1: I have the Kronos handle also and I find it to be excellent for length, feel, weight and balance. Looking forward to hearing how you like it.

I think one would be hard pressed to find a more perfect example of a safety razor than an ATT, M1 or S1, with an Atlas handle. However the Kronos handle, for me, works better.

Ron I

So I couldn't resist. An SE1 head is on its way :001_rolle

I hope you enjoy it as much as I!

While everyone is talking handles, the new aluminum long Atlas is awesome. Perfect length, perfect grip. I'd like it for my stainless heads but would need a heavier metal (ti?).

I hope you enjoy it as much as I!

While everyone is talking handles, the new aluminum long Atlas is awesome. Perfect length, perfect grip. I'd like it for my stainless heads but would need a heavier metal (ti?).

Mmm yeah, it's basically the same length as the Kronos but in the Atlas style. It would be nice if Stan of ATT made a SS version for sure. I'd get one for the variation option. I love the small Atlas in my hand though, when I go ATG I put my little finger on the butt of the handle for some extra control. Feels intuitive to me.

Congrats on your new ATT. It's a wonderful razor to say the least. I've used mine daily for two years now and I never get tired of it. My other razors are pretty much relegated to the occasional shave.

Give us a shave report when you're able.

Congrats on your new ATT. It's a wonderful razor to say the least. I've used mine daily for two years now and I never get tired of it. My other razors are pretty much relegated to the occasional shave.

Give us a shave report when you're able.

Thanks! And will do.

Top Bottom