What's new

Above the Tie - Above the Crowd

Had an outstanding email interaction with Stan. This has confirmed that I will be investing in an ATT system for the holidays. Looking forward to it!

This thread has made a lot of money for ATT! I restarted DE shaving (after a 35 year hiatus) with an EJ DE 89, which was too mild for me but a great starter for my son. I mainly shaved with a Merkur 34c and was happy with it but wanted something better and SS so bought a Weber Bulldog. Love the handle but had the wavy blade and was unimpressed with the quality of the head. Went to an R41 and am happy with it but it is not SS.

So tonight I ordered the 7 piece ATT set, with Kronos and Colossus handles, and R1, R2 and H2 heads. Can't wait to try it out! Thanks for all the advice, I read this thread from beginning to end and learned a lot about everything from Star Wars to razors!

So I have been so impressed with my ATT setup I am selling all my additional razors. I will shave with them each one more time and then make a for sale thread.

The ATT cured my RAD. PIFed most of my razors earlier this year, the ones I've kept are used about once a year.

Many of us gave up buying more razors after getting our ATT kit. When it's right, it's right. The R1 fits my needs perfectly. I've sold or given away most of the other razors. As always YMMV.

Think I will place my order for the 5 piece set in the morning. Definitely going with the Kronos handle and H2 plate. Having a hard time deciding if I want the M2, R1 or R2 as my other plates. Leaning toward the M2 and R1 due to all the positive comments in this thread.
Guess I will also post a couple of razors in the B/S/T to help fund the purchase.:001_smile

Greg - you will reap the fruits of your research! You will definitely find some combination to fall in love with from all the variations of handles and baseplates. No doubt you will have more than one favorite too!

The Kronos is a nice handle. Substantial and well balanced with most metal heads.

Stan ships quickly, so you won't have to wait long...

Enjoy!

jackgoldman123

Boring and predictable
"Many of us gave up buying more razors after getting our ATT kit. When it's right, it's right. The R1 fits my needs perfectly. I've sold or given away most of the other razors. As always YMMV."

Yes but I have RAD...not cured by ATT

After I get my M1 baseplate and a Kronos handle the only other razor I want is the Slant. I've sold all my other razors, except my straights.

Received my ATT Kronos M2 today, wasn't expecting it to arrive so had shaved already. I guess I'll have to endure the anticipation of using it in the morning. It certainly is a good looking razor!

Got a couple shaves in now with the M1. I must say that it is much better for me than my M2 experience and I'm looking forward to the R1 on the way. Very enjoyable shaves with the M1

I am looking into the stainless steel open comb. Unlike most, I haven't bought a new razor in years!
My last 3piece was a set from the late craftsman Cooncatbob, RIP. God I miss his talent.

Anyways, I have saved my pennies and the cost is not an issue. I am just debating on buying just the head or one of the complete sets with handles.
How are the Colossus handles? Any preferences?
Bit2

Last edited:
First shave with the Kronos M2 which arrived yesterday. All I can say is wow! Used the Gillette 7 O'Clock yellow blade supplied by BullGoose (Astras in the box as well) and it's as if I've used this razor all my life. Perfect balance with the Kronos handle, for me the Atlas would be too short, though on par with some of the Gillettes I own and the Colossus would be unwieldy. Just my preference, ymmv.

And what is said about this razor singing - yep, true. Sounds different from the Ikon or my SC New, but it certainly does let you know it's doing its job cutting. Easily a 2 pass BBS shave.

For me, an excellent investment. It's getting more and more difficult picking from the rotation, but this may have put an end to my RAD (for now). Perhaps another baseplate at some time. :) I'm glad I didn't buy the kit as the M2 plate is perfect for me. Anything more aggressive I wouldn't use and after recently purchasing my New OC, I wanted another OC and wanted stainless steel. The ATT fits the bill.

If you're on the fence, go for it.

Many of us gave up buying more razors after getting our ATT kit. When it's right, it's right. The R1 fits my needs perfectly. I've sold or given away most of the other razors. As always YMMV.

It's so good, I am finding my straights are being neglected. The H1 is giving me better shaves than my straights. Maybe my 2 years of experience with straights hasn't been enough to develop great technique, or it's the topography of my face, but this setup is just doing it for me like nothing else I've tried. I'm gonna keep my four favorite straights and sell the rest. I'd sell them all, but I've learned that these things are cyclical, and I'll want the straights at some point.

It's so good, I am finding my straights are being neglected. The H1 is giving me better shaves than my straights. Maybe my 2 years of experience with straights hasn't been enough to develop great technique, or it's the topography of my face, but this setup is just doing it for me like nothing else I've tried. I'm gonna keep my four favorite straights and sell the rest. I'd sell them all, but I've learned that these things are cyclical, and I'll want the straights at some point.

What baseplates do you have?

I have been going back and forth between the R1 and H1 and am finding that the H1, while more aggressive, leads to less aftershave sting, less irritation, less weepers and a slightly better shave than the R1. It is strange and I can't really explain it. I could shave with the H1 daily but psychologically I feel weird because it is supposed to be this super aggressive razor but it doesn't feel that way to me.

Does anyone else have that experience with the H1?

I've been looking at stainless steel DE's lately, and while I love their line up I don't like the price. I've been looking into Weber and Ikon also. I really like ATT, but again their pricing it a bit of a turn off for me. Honestly I feel guilty even liking such a pricey shaving tool. I feel like I could spend my money in ways that would be of a greater benefit.

Top Bottom