What's new

Above the Tie - Above the Crowd

I just emailed about upgrading to the 7 piece set [emoji15]

I am also excited about the slant release.

Last edited:
question for all you guys that have the multiple piece sets (or even if you only have one or two ATT razors):

Do you guys normally leave behind your vintage razors, and just use the ATT ones? I know all razors shave different, but it seems that with the multiple piece set, you really wouldn't need anything else.

question for all you guys that have the multiple piece sets (or even if you only have one or two ATT razors):

Do you guys normally leave behind your vintage razors, and just use the ATT ones? I know all razors shave different, but it seems that with the multiple piece set, you really wouldn't need anything else.

Well, for myself, it has become clear that "need" stopped having much to do with it. I love my ATT razors(s), but I still use a whole bunch of others.

Sigh .

I don't have a multiple piece set, just the M2. While the ATT is a great smooth shaver and I enjoy using it, I find my Weber, NEWs, Slim, Tech, etc to be just different enough to make me want to use them. I could use just the M2 and be fine, but I don't want to. I can't see how owning more ATT base plates would change that.

Right now I use nothing else, but I have learned in this "hobby" that I probably will crave variety again at some point, so I held on to my favorite vintage, just in case. Gave away a whole bunch of newer razors, though.

I was debating on an iKon but this thread and myself have talked me around to getting an ATT set instead. I'm selling off some extra electronics I have laying around and going to order me a 5pc set I think. I have been currently using a Merkur HD 34C and a Futur. I want something a bit more aggressive than the 34c and the longer handle like the Futur.

I emailed Stan and told him my situation he recommended the R1 since then I think I'm going to order the 5pc set thinking about getting M1, R1, and R2 (my first OC) with the Colossus handle.

would the M1 be about the same aggressiveness as the 34C?

Edit: the aggressiveness chart shows the 34c at a 3.5 and the ATT M plates at a 4.0 so I guess they are pretty close. For my first OC should I do the M2 or the R2? I really dont want to have to ship stuff back to Stan and have him have a used product so trying to get it right before I order.

Last edited:
I was debating on an iKon but this thread and myself have talked me around to getting an ATT set instead. I'm selling off some extra electronics I have laying around and going to order me a 5pc set I think. I have been currently using a Merkur HD 34C and a Futur. I want something a bit more aggressive than the 34c and the longer handle like the Futur.

I emailed Stan and told him my situation he recommended the R1 since then I think I'm going to order the 5pc set thinking about getting M1, R1, and R2 (my first OC) with the Colossus handle.

would the M1 be about the same aggressiveness as the 34C?

Edit: the aggressiveness chart shows the 34c at a 3.5 and the ATT M plates at a 4.0 so I guess they are pretty close. For my first OC should I do the M2 or the R2? I really dont want to have to ship stuff back to Stan and have him have a used product so trying to get it right before I order.

Here is my opinion. I bought the Colossus M1. I had a bunch of shaves with it. It is very mild. More mild than a EJDE89 or merkur 34c. For me it was very similar to the merkur 25c which is extremely mild. I just upgraded to the 7 piece set. The M1 is something I will like to keep around for a quick, mild and irritation free shave but it is very mild. I am not sure how people see it more aggressive than an Edwin Jagger because for me it's not close. I think the R1 will be perfect for me.

In your situation I would think the R is where you want to be. The futur is pretty aggressive so depending on where you keep it the H might work as well. As far as open comb or closed that's up to you if you want an R1 and R2. Maybe just go M1, R1, H1?

I've been using my ATT (5pc set) daily for the last month and have no urge to use another razor. I've kind of narrowed down to using only the R1 and H1 baseplates.

I just looked it up. October 2013, is when I received my ATT Atlas solid bar 5 piece set ... and I haven't shaved with anything else since I've gotten it (except for once when traveling ... when I used a RiMei).

In fact, I'm currently trying to figure out what to do with my old razor now that I'm convinced I'll never use them....
- Merkur 37C slant
- RazoRock OC Little Bastone
- EJ89
- RazoRock Slab head (I'm keeping the handle though as I still occasionally use it with an ATT head)

I'll also probably keep my Wilkinson and RiMei razors for travel.

Cheers,
Shawn

Hey team, just shaved with the Kronos R1. Let me start off by saying I don't care for Astra SPs, and I made some rookie direction mistakes.

That being said I liked the weight and feel of the razor. Nice and heavy, smooth against the skin. I thought it was a bit harsh, but harshness is why I don't like Astra SPs. I'm going to give it another shot, probably tomorrow night with a Polsilver SI (my go-to) right now.

Disappointing first experience, but it was MY fault.

Hey team, just shaved with the Kronos R1. Let me start off by saying I don't care for Astra SPs, and I made some rookie direction mistakes.

That being said I liked the weight and feel of the razor. Nice and heavy, smooth against the skin. I thought it was a bit harsh, but harshness is why I don't like Astra SPs. I'm going to give it another shot, probably tomorrow night with a Polsilver SI (my go-to) right now.

Even if it repeats, don't be discouraged. Swapping your R1 for an M1 baseplate or the Kronos for an Atlas handle would likely make a significant difference.

I find that with the R1 I have to use a very shallow angle. Put the top cap against your skin and slowly bring it in. When it barely makes a sound that's the angle you want. If it gets to the point of sounding like you're buttering toast it will be abrasive.

I find that with the R1 I have to use a very shallow angle. Put the top cap against your skin and slowly bring it in. When it barely makes a sound that's the angle you want. If it gets to the point of sounding like you're buttering toast it will be abrasive.

Luckily, the sound of the ATTs is easy to hear!

My first shave with the H2 plate that arrived today (Thanks Josh), i had an excellent shave, it shaves just like the R2 but closer.

I would compare the shave to a Fatip (with Bulldog handle) or iKon Standard (2013) as it is a very smooth shaver. Not at all like the R41 '13, but gives a very similar result.

I used my Weber Bulldog handle, i prefer using that and my UFO Kaiser Short to the Atlas that came with my R2, although the Atlas is a lovely looking handle.

The 'problem' i have now is, i wouldn't mind trying the R1 & H1 plates.

The 'problem' i have now is, i wouldn't mind trying the R1 & H1 plates.

I think we should start a swap/trade thread. I assume it would need to be put in the B/S/T section but there we could post what parts we have for trade and if you want to swap with someone for a couple of weeks or trade parts completely. I upgraded to the 7 piece set with the solid bar plates but would still like to try the open combs too. I would be willing to temporarily or even permanently trade baseplates. Just an idea.

$unnamed (1).jpg$unnamed (2).jpg$unnamed (3).jpg$unnamed.jpg

Received my Colossus today , great razor. I went for the R1 plate, had heard it was quite aggressive for a moderate plate but this is not the case at all, it is definitely a moderate shaver and was much milder than my Ikon SB or my Cadet, gives a very smooth shave.

Top Bottom