What's new

About PIFs

I get the general idea of what it is. However, I have this concern of participating in it because I would have to give out my address. It just makes me skeptical, even though I'm sure all here have nothing but the best intentions. I just know that some dangerous things can occur out of it.

So, how safe do you guys think PIF is? Am I worrying for no reason?

I get the general idea of what it is. However, I have this concern of participating in it because I would have to give out my address. It just makes me skeptical, even though I'm sure all here have nothing but the best intentions. I just know that some dangerous things can occur out of it.

Winners are sent the item(s) after contact via a personal message to verify their address in order to send the item. Those expressing an interest in a PIF use their forum username to participate.
No reason to worry.

@DizZexion
As @Invicta said, addresses and other contact information are only sent by Private Message so only the recipients that have been authorized can see it.
I've initiated and received a number of PIFs and have never had any negative repercussions. I'm also sure that should anything improper happen, a quick note to one of the Mods or Stews will certainly sort it out.
Ungentlemanly behavior is not tolerated at B&b.

@DizZexion
As @Invicta said, addresses and other contact information are only sent by Private Message so only the recipients that have been authorized can see it.
I've initiated and received a number of PIFs and have never had any negative repercussions. I'm also sure that should anything improper happen, a quick note to one of the Mods or Stews will certainly sort it out.
Ungentlemanly behavior is not tolerated at B&b.
Moderator will be the best port of call.

That being said I have never had any issues. If it is something that concerns you then just don't enter.

I just know that some dangerous things can occur out of it.

What, specifically would you be concerned about? Personally, I can't conceive of anything dangerous that could happen with a PIF, especially within a community like this.

What, specifically would you be concerned about? Personally, I can't conceive of anything dangerous that could happen with a PIF, especially within a community like this.

Well, if someone has my address, then they do have some ability to stalk me or sabotage some other things. Although, its not likely that it would happen since they would have to really put in effort to do something to this length.

Well, if someone has my address, then they do have some ability to stalk me or sabotage some other things. Although, its not likely that it would happen since they would have to really put in effort to do something to this length.
In this day and age there is always a chance of something. It hasn't been a worry of mine but my wife sometimes freaks out that I give information to people I have never met in person.

If it worries you then I see 3 options:
1. Don't enter the PIF
2. Use a PO box instead of a house address
3. Only enter a PIF put on by a long time member. If he/she was going to do something odd he/she would have done it already.

Graydog

Biblical Innards
When I PIF something I look at it as away of showing My appreciation for being apart of this community
If you win a PIF any someone asks for more personal info other than name and address , then you would have something to worry about

There are about 1,000 other ways that someone can get your address that do not involve PIF's here.

@DizZexion
I just read your post questions about aftershaves..
Now I know you're a 19 year old black male going to college who is paranoid about his address...
That's not a lot of information... your high school/college/fraternity/friend/roommate has lots more and those people and institutions probably do not have as many Gentlemen who will support and respect your privacy as those of us here....

Our house is your house
Nuestra casa es su casa
Notre maision est votre maison
Taigh againn tha taigh agaibh

This is a great forum with a great group of individuals. I have never had any issues and I have done and won multiple PIFs, Passarounds, and BST's! I think you are just being cautious but you don't have anything to worry about.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
I'm relatively new here and I can understand the OP's reservations.

I've read a LOT of forum posts in my short time here, and the one thing that struck me was the camaraderie. The people on this forum all have a passion about something shaving related. I wouldnt think this sort of forum a place to troll for a victim of any kind or for any sort of malicious behavior. The Mods and Stews are on the ball! I'm confident that if any issues did arise, they would be dealt with swiftly, efficiently, and effectively.

I personally had no issues whatsoever in sending a member my name, address and even my phone number should any issues arise concerning a PIF that went in the mail to me today.

There are about 1,000 other ways that someone can get your address that do not involve PIF's here.
Yeah, that's a good point.
I'm relatively new here and I can understand the OP's reservations.

I've read a LOT of forum posts in my short time here, and the one thing that struck me was the camaraderie. The people on this forum all have a passion about something shaving related. I wouldnt think this sort of forum a place to troll for a victim of any kind or for any sort of malicious behavior. The Mods and Stews are on the ball! I'm confident that if any issues did arise, they would be dealt with swiftly, efficiently, and effectively.

I personally had no issues whatsoever in sending a member my name, address and even my phone number should any issues arise concerning a PIF that went in the mail to me today.

I did notice this as well. For the short amount of time I have been here, I've seen how willing everyone is to contribute to this community. After all of the replies, I may consider being a part of PIFs.

Paranoia will destroy ya. Used to be this thing called a phone book. Actually listed everyone's name, address, and phone number. Your IP address does the same. Unless you want to wear a tinfoil hat, get used to being known. Not a big deal for a PIF. Unless you don't like free stuff.

After all of the replies, I may consider being a part of PIFs.
I'll tell you what I'll do.. I'll PIF you a black Badger brush and probably some other stuff. Let me know what you have and I'll put something nice together .
Check me out, read my profile and read some of my threads. I have given away many PIFs and not once have I gone to somebody's house (heck a lot of days I don't want to be at my own house:001_tongu)

Just Post here "I'm In" if you are interested. Trust has to start somewhere.

Paranoia will destroy ya. Used to be this thing called a phone book. Actually listed everyone's name, address, and phone number. Your IP address does the same. Unless you want to wear a tinfoil hat, get used to being known. Not a big deal for a PIF. Unless you don't like free stuff.

I remember phone books.. they were on every corner, in the drugstores and even people's homes!! Scary!

An address does no real harm, they are public record. Anyone walking down your street has access to you address. Just be careful with too much info such as: mothers maiden name, social security number, date of birth and other bits of info that could be strung together to steal identity.

Top Bottom