What's new

About Mike's Natural Soaps Barbershop

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
If anyone has been wanting to try Mike's Natural Soaps and is unsure about a scent, I highly recommend their Barbershop scent. When I received it, I was pleasantly surprised to find how close in scent it was to Zingari Man The Wanderer...so very, very close! One of my favorite scents!

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I have heard a lot of good remarks about Mikes natural soaps over the years. I will buy his Hungarian Lavender some some day because he gets mentioned a lot for the scent and quality, a lot of Lavender soaps & creams has masculine scent if prepared properly IMO.

I think I remember reading that the fragrance oil used in Mike’s barbershop is the same that a few other artisans use for their ‘barbershop’ soaps.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
I have their Bay Rum, Barbershop, Orange Cedarwood and Black Pepper and Bergamot Orange Ylang Ylang. They all smell great. I've used the Bay Rum twice and the performance is top notch.

Mikes base is top tier in my book. His scents are straight forward, with just a few notes. You get exactly what it says on the label. Slick, great scents and extremely reasonable pricing. Everybody should have a few Mikes in their den!

Just be forewarned..... if you don't like patchouli you may find yourself dissatisfied with his barbershop scent. It has quite a bit of patchouli in it.
For my nose, Barrister and Mann Seville is a much superior scent. But I'm not a huge fan of so-called barbershop scents to begin with.

IMHO there is no better soap than Mike's. Artisan, big-name, legacy - it doesn't matter. Superior performance, cushion, glide, and post-shave. And the scents are top-notch. Orange, Cedarwood, and Black Pepper is my favorite soap scent.

M

Member 113878

Thanks.
Did you try the Cyril Salter’s own French Vetiver and if so, how would you compare them please?

I opened a used jar of the Bergamont, Orange, Ylang. Hadn't used it in a couple of years. The lubrication seemed good. The smell is like a rubber eraser. Gonna toss it.

Top Bottom