What's new

About cold brew

Trying it tomorrow morning. Directions say to cut it 50/50 with water. Does that mean that it's roughly the same strength as espresso?

I usually drink a double-shot of espresso cut with hot water. Americano.

How has this cold-brew method worked for those of you who have tried it?

Strong enough?

Acid reduction as advertised?

I plan to cut it 50/50 and nuke it for the mornings. I like hot coffee.

Thanks

Trying it tomorrow morning. Directions say to cut it 50/50 with water. Does that mean that it's roughly the same strength as espresso?

I usually drink a double-shot of espresso cut with hot water. Americano.

How has this cold-brew method worked for those of you who have tried it?

Strong enough?

Acid reduction as advertised?

Thanks

I've found that the taste of coffee degrades greatly when it is reheated in a microwave.

I find that dropping an ice cube in cool coffee tastes much better than nuking it.

I liked it the few times i made it, cut it with Vietnamese sweetened condensed milk and a couple ice cubes.
dave

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
Isn't the whole point of cold brew to brew and consume the coffee without it ever being heated?

Brew? Yes. Consume? Not necessarily. The primary purpose of cold brewing is to cut down on the acidity, which it most certainly does. At least, I perceive it that way.

How much you dilute it is up to you. 50/50 seems like as good a starting point as any, but you'll adjust it to your taste and brewing method (time, amount of coffee and water used in brewing, coffee used, etc.) Play with it and see where it takes you.

As far as using the microwave, well, some don't like and some don't care. Again, you'll just have to see. If you don't like what the microwave does to it, you can try diluting it with heated water.

Top Bottom