What's new

ABC Gillette question

Looking at the below image, I'd like to get an idea of what people have paid for a similar set. Someone local has this for sale but I'm not sure on their asking price of $75.

That's a Frankenrazor. The cap and guard are screwed up and are not part of an ABC set. I don't know what they are.
The razor handle, case and blade case are fine. I collect ABC sets and would pay $20 for the good parts.

Len

Look at the cap and guard on this set. It should look like this. Your photo shows some kind of ring around the blade positioning posts. You should take a close look at that razor. Also the posts should not be so bullet shaped. The caps on these old sets lose they plating easily. My guess is it was replaced from another razor.

proxy.php

Len

Last edited:
That's a Frankenrazor. The cap and guard are screwed up and are not part of an ABC set. I don't know what they are.
The razor handle, case and blade case are fine. I collect ABC sets and would pay $20 for the good parts.

Len

Not part of the set? How are they screwed up?

Thank you for verifying Len. Was hoping you'd show why for the OP.....

there should be no Made in USA on the underside of the guard, right Len? and the arrow-diamond logo was very uncommon on ABCs (do I have that right?)....

there should be no Made in USA on the underside of the guard, right Len? and the arrow-diamond logo was very uncommon on ABCs (do I have that right?)....

The Gillette diamond is rare but not impossible. The case in this set is the older design and it's unlikely it would have the trademark.

Len

Also the posts on the ABC's are much more rounded than the Old Type such as the one in the OP's photo.

Also the posts on the ABC's are much more rounded than the Old Type such as the one in the OP's photo.

Yup. I edited and added that to my original reply.

I just hate for one of our members to spend a lot of money for a razor set and then find out it's not right.

Len

Thanks for steering me clear of this one. I'd be sorely disappointed to know I spent $75 and it be incorrect. Thanks very much to you all. :thumbup:

Top Bottom