What's new

ABC Flower Set went for $450?!

I know we don't talk value here, but I hope we can make an exception.
I'm a self proclaimed ABC pocket edition buff, have them all in fact, though not in every finish (gold, silver, gunmetal). IMO a nice complete set of the most desirable (empire and flower) is in the 150-200 range. Of course if you have the cloth pouch, shipper, and or instructions all bets are off.
I'm completely baffled as to how this very shabby and incomplete flower set went for $450! No blade bank, even missing the lid liner... let alone no box, instructions, or pouch.
What am I missing here please? 89 bids? $450?...I must be missing something.
Please enlighten me, as I said, I thought (think) I know it all when it comes to these.
Screenshot_20220316-235821_eBay.jpg

Here's my modest abc collection for attention:

Attachments

• 20220317_000657.jpg
    20220317_000657.jpg
    713.8 KB · Views: 25
I know we don't talk value here, but I hope we can make an exception.
I'm a self proclaimed ABC pocket edition buff, have them all in fact, though not in every finish (gold, silver, gunmetal). IMO a nice complete set of the most desirable (empire and flower) is in the 150-200 range. Of course if you have the cloth pouch, shipper, and or instructions all bets are off.
I'm completely baffled as to how this very shabby and incomplete flower set went for $450! No blade bank, even missing the lid liner... let alone no box, instructions, or pouch.
What am I missing here please? 89 bids? $450?...I must be missing something.
Please enlighten me, as I said, I thought (think) I know it all when it comes to these.
View attachment 1425059

Here's my modest abc collection for attention:
By that pricing standard, you're sitting on a gold mine !

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
You'll probably see it again next week after the bidder doesn't pay due to buyer's remorse. :001_rolle

There's an interesting thread for documenting these outrageous auctions, you've likely seen it:

Remember cedarfurnitureman?

Top Bottom