What's new

A2 Flight jacket

I've been looking for a decent leather jacket for some time, wanted something that was casual and formal.

Went through the local shops and could only find designer stuff for lots of $$ or bike jackets, neither of which made me smile :thumbdown

Then found this

proxy.php

A2 flight jacket and it fits the bill perfectly, looks good with a tie during the week and jeans at the week end. Sweet as :thumbup1:

Just thought I would let you Blokes know.

Cheers

Is that the Aussie A2?

If it's from the vendor I'm thinking of (US Authentic) he makes great jackets at very reasonable prices, and his custom work is well worth the extra cost.

Is that the Aussie A2?

If it's from the vendor I'm thinking of (US Authentic) he makes great jackets at very reasonable prices, and his custom work is well worth the extra cost.

Its an Aussie A2, goat skin, and sensational but not US Authentic. I'm not sure what the protocol is re naming manufacturers on B&B, if you need to know send me a pm and I will pass on the details.

I pushing the style more than the maker, the A2 jacket is a fine style and has lots of history behind it...

Cheers

The style is timeless.

Originally, they were issued in horsehide or goatskin, but most vendors currently offer goat only.

Either way, the leather wears like iron.

I have one I got from Willis & Geiger years back. Made from horsehide. Very cool, very well made, and holding up as an original! (wish I had some flight experience to justify some patches). Great, timeless style.

Tom

Last edited:
Sorry to be troubling you with an old thread, but...

I've been looking for an A2 style jacket, but without any ribs in the sleeves and in the bottom. Any ideas, where to look?

Oh yeah, I remember seeing Pop's store through browsing B&B (or Fedora Lounge) earlier, but couldn't remember it. That horsehide one looks pretty good though. It's not a problem to spend something along those lines for a jacket, specially if you can customize it while making your order. It'll probably last a longer time than a pleather ones from H&M or similar anyways. Better check eBay for that Cooper one, too.

Thanks for the tips, guys!

Anybody have an opinion on this... I have 2 A-2 jackets that were issued to me in the military. I am retired now and would like to continue wearing them. They have Velcro sewed onto them where my nametag and command patch went. If I cut the Velcro off will it look ok? Am I still going to see the outline of where the Velcro was? I don't think it would look right to leave the Velcro on.

Anybody have an opinion on this... I have 2 A-2 jackets that were issued to me in the military. I am retired now and would like to continue wearing them. They have Velcro sewed onto them where my nametag and command patch went. If I cut the Velcro off will it look ok? Am I still going to see the outline of where the Velcro was? I don't think it would look right to leave the Velcro on.

The leather beneath the velcro will look shiny and new(relative to the rest of the coats wear) if you can get it off without tearing the leather itself. Also, be careful removing the stitching. Either way, it will most likely leave little scars behind where it was stitched. You might consider taking it to a leather worker to have it done. Mine looks OK but not great when I did it myself.

P.S. Mine was secondhand purchased at an Army Navy/Store.

Last edited:
Top Bottom