What's new

A year with the Maxwell Scott Lorenzo briefcase

IMG_0767.JPG
I've been most pleased to carry a Maxwell Scott Lorenzo leather briefcase for the past year. It has exceeded my expectations. Fit and finish are excellent. Durability for the first year is superior. No thread unraveling or wear on the handle or other stress points. Scuffs and scratches buff easily and add character to the bag.

The briefcase has been overstuffed a time or two. No issues at all. The vegetable dye did bleed in heavy rain after the bag was redressed about a month ago. Wasn't an issue before nor since.

Let's be clear about what this briefcase is not. It is not a laptop bag and I do not try to use it as such. The bag is a small briefcase that carries comfortably. My umbrella, lunch container, pens, and a few odds and ends are frequently carried items.

The only design suggestions for improvement would be to omit the zippered compartments on the back and inside of the briefcase. They are unnecessary on a bag this size and the zippers would not last for the expected life of the briefcase. The other suggestion would be a nice liner on the interior. Otherwise the design is excellent.

very nice looking, classy design!
... yet, too "lawyery" for my taste.

This is the legal briefcase I carried for years.

proxy.php

The Maxwell in the OP would not handle all of the paperwork, etc. that lawyers love to carry.

proxy.php

The Maxwell in the OP would not handle all of the paperwork, etc. that lawyers love to carry.

Nice and large!

My first briefcase was a wood frame leather deal. I moved to the portfolio style after a couple years of daily lugging the beast. Haven't used a briefcase in over a decade until this one. Thought it would be a nice companion as I wrap up the final years of my career. Finishing the way I started sans suit and tie.

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom

proxy.php

Lawyers and accountants . . . I was in a situation a year ago where I had to press into service my old Samsonite briefcase . . . the kind of case where you could carry all your papers and a spare shirt for overnight trips to branch offices. The partners chuckled having not seen such a case in decades. Man I miss those times where you just had the papers in front of you and didn't have to spend 15 minutes getting big screens up and working and connecting to files you have on line.

That is tight! So do you carry a laptop bag in addition to this?

I'm to the point in my career where work rarely comes home with me. On those few occasions I have another Maxwell Scott bag which does accommodate a laptop. But that's a handful of days per year.

Pretty much I'm full circle at this point. Laptops didn't exist when I began my work career. Nor did desktop computers. I'll go another 6 or so years maybe, them I'm retired.

Top Bottom