What's new

A Year of PIFs….. June (Cream) Edition

Hello B&B!

One of my resolutions this year was to host one PIF per month for the entire year! And I actually decided to up my game and do 2 PIFs each month. One will be a formal PIF, like this one, and the second will be a drive-by PIF (i.e. something I give out on a whim based on reading someone’s post). So, 2018 is the year I give back.

proxy.php

I’ve been a member of this forum for over 8 years (Joined May 2010). In that time, I’ve been on the receiving end of many great PIFs. I’m doing this, in part, to ensure I make good on ‘Paying It Forward’ from all I have received in the past; balancing any PIF debt, I may have accumulated. Also in those 8 years, I have bought a lot of stuff, and at times, multiples of items bought on clearance, or in an effort to get free shipping. As such, my storage area is starting to look like a store front, and it’s time to do a little de-cluttering purge, A.K.A. spring cleaning.

I will try to spread my PIFs around the forum in as many different sub-forums as I can, so be on the lookout for future installments. Some will be big, some will be small, and I will try to throw in a bonus item with every PIF.

My PIFs will run for around a week or two, and hopefully the winner receives their PIF before I start the next one. Please make sure you read and follow ALL rules. This is very, very important!

PIFs completed so far:

A Year of PIFs - January Edition - General Forum - Winner: Heckle
A Year of PIFs - February Edition – Soap Forum – Winner: azwetshaver
A Year of PIFs - March Edition – Skin, Body & Hair Care Forum - Winner: joamo
A Year of PIFs - April Edition – Aftershave Forum - Winner: tipster_621
A Year of PIFs - May Edition – Fragrance Forum - Winner: FarmerTan

So what is up for grabs this month?

proxy.php

Creams! Shaving Creams just aren’t my thing. I’ve settled on about 4 that I will still use from time to time (B&BW Maca Root, T&H Trafalgar, SIR Irisch Moos, Nivea), but everything else has to go! This is a selection of both lather creams and brushless creams. All are used, but none have had fingers or brushes touch them. All have been squeezed or scooped out.

cream.JPG

Details:
Rise brushless, NEW
Tet-A-Tet, rare Russian cream, about 50% remaining
Amway Dynamite, not talked about much but a good performer, used once
Palmolive, a hobby staple. About 1/3rd remaining
Derby Menthol, used once
Wadi Cream, brushless, used once
Pacific Shaving Co, brushless, about 50% remaining (I think you can use a brush on this too).

If you win, and find any of this stuff not to your liking, please Re-PIF it!

How do you qualify to win this PIF?

*This Cream PIF is open to everyone!
*Indicate that you want to be included in this PIF, but do not say “I’m in” (anywhere in your post)…. Be creative. I’m serious about this!
*Tell me why you like creams and what your favorite cream is. Or if a cream newbie, why you want to try them.
*Tell me about your summer plans. Doing anything fun with family or friends? Going on any trips?
*If you are Active Duty Military or a Military Veteran you get a bonus entry, just indicate such in your post.

The last day to enter this PIF is 11 June 2018.

I'd like to be included. Thanks for the opportunity.
- Favorite cream / why I like them: TOBS or Speick (though not by much. Old Spice lime with the matching aftershave is fantastic in the summer). Creams are easy to lather, though I find it important be to be careful not to under-lather them. I also tend to only use a synthetic brush with creams, which makes for a slightly quicker prep time, and more convenient for traveling.
- Summer plans: first child on the way.

Awesome PIF, and I’m looking forward to seeing the thread grow. Not in.

Happy Shaving
-Chris
US Army Veteran, Foxhole Shavers Club Member

My summer plans are to work as little as possible and spend as much time as possible with the little guy who is my avatar. He'll be 3 in August and he changes everytime I see him. My current favorite cream is AOS Ocean Kelp. It's a great summer scent and I used it this morning.

If I win this giveway I
Absolutely
Must try the Amway. Amway has a very storied history,
It's gotten a bad rap for MLM, but
Nicer products cannot be found.

Must try the Amway. Amway has a very storied history,
Amway will always hold a place in my heart. My grandfather was the first full time employee of Amway. He had the formula for their first product. I inherited a couple of aftershave decanters from him, two of which are prototypes. I have a good collection of Amway aftershave decanters.

Amway will always hold a place in my heart. My grandfather was the first full time employee of Amway. He had the formula for their first product. I inherited a couple of aftershave decanters from him, two of which are prototypes. I have a good collection of Amway aftershave decanters.
i bought an amway victrola aftershave in one of the Sue Moore auctions. The aftershave isn't bad, although a big, cubey bottle isn't easy to handle.

i bought an amway victrola aftershave in one of the Sue Moore auctions.
I bought one of those form the auction as well. That is the bottle that I have prototypes for. One of them has a clear glass base piece.

Not in. Way to go on another solid PIF though @TheVez2!

My summer plans, besides work and yard work, largely revolve around a week long church camp a majority of our congregation goes to in the Santa Cruz, CA area. It’s always good, clean fun for the family. Other things are the annual hula festival my father-in-law hosts, helping out at the church’s VBS, etc.

Only 2 entrants? C'mon guys..... there's got to be more folks out there that want to try some creams!

EB Newfarm

Cane? I'm Able!
proxy.php

Had my first really positive cream experience recently, (Coates) so I now I am open to trying more.
I'll be heading to Montana on Monday for some trout fishing and relaxing for 2 weeks.
I was in the Air National Guard for 6 years, so I feel a little bit like a veteran, but it was peacetime and not in any way a sacrifice, and I got the GI Bill, so I got more out of it than I ever put in. I feel a little guilty when I see what so many other have had to do since. I went to college on the public tax dollar, so I am now happy to pay my taxes so someone else can go.

Don’t discount your service! You signed up and you were ready to serve in what ever way was needed at the time. 6 years is a long time to give. Thank you for that!

I have tried soaps and croaps, but no creams. With and without brushes, sounds like fun.

We are in Texas and for vacation, we are going to drive towards Florida and see what we find. No plans, no agenda, no itinerary ... should be fun. Did that last year and ended up in Kentucky. Had a blast.

Such a sweet PIF. Please include me. I like creams as I am a wet shave noob and travel a lot for work, so creams are easier to put in small containers for the Dopp kit. I have only tried the Rockwell cream so far and would love to try more.

For the summer, the wife and I are going to St. Louis for a wedding and to Boise to attend a comic con (yes, we are nerds). While the kids are out of school, we plan to have as many close to home adventures as we can. Close to home, because I actually want to be home for a little bit.

You scream, I scream, we all scream for shave cream. Entrance is requested. I have been using Palmolive cream for 30+ years, in a tube. My grandfather taught me to shave with it. Over the years it has been harder to get, nowhere near impossible but definitely more difficult. So, Palmolive is my absolute favorite. I enjoy soaps but love my Palmolive, especially dropping some in a soapy lather. It like comfort food for me:) summer plans: vacation #1 to Myrtle beach just completed. Lounging around the pool, building a shed and a second vacation at the end of summer should bring me to fall. Thanks and good luck to all!!!

Top Bottom