What's new

A week of daily shaves with the Streamline

So, after our little discussion in another thread about whether the Streamline was more valued for its looks than for its shave, I decided to use the Streamline for a week and see.

Turns out the razor is a really nice shaver. I had 7 consecutive smooth, comfortable shaves. All I did between shaves was rinse the blade off, dry it, rinse and dry the razor, flip the blade, and put it back in.

One pass is enough for a comfortable, more than socially acceptable shave. Two passes produces DFS (I don't chase BBS). Several of the days I just did a single careful pass.

So, if you have been eyeing the Streamline because of its looks and cache but had heard it wasn't that great a shaver, those rumors are actually dead wrong. It is not only a looker, but it's a great shaver, too.

D

dangerousrazor

What separates it from other 1912's? I passed on one of these recently, and FOMO now
For me, it's shaving is like somewhere between 1912 and Micromatic. It is a lot efficient than 1912 and milder than Micromatic. That's why I like it.

Have heard nothing but incredible things about this razor.

I have a chance to get one of these, NOS and complete with strop, case and blades, for about $170 (includes international shipping costs).

Too much or good price?

Have heard nothing but incredible things about this razor.

I have a chance to get one of these, NOS and complete with strop, case and blades, for about $170 (includes international shipping costs).

Too much or good price?
It's steep but if it's truly NOS it might be worth it. Only you can decide if it is worth it to you.

I'll think about it.

I've gotten all of my non-lather catcher razors from this one individual. He does charge a premium but nearly everything I've received from him is either NOS or full razor sets in great condition. He's got tons of razors, even a 7-day gold-plated Rolls.

I haven't used any other razor for about 4 months, shaving every other day! Its a brilliant razor, and looks and feels stunning.

Top Bottom