What's new

A Visit to the "Psycho" Ward

Visited an antique show today, while talking to one of the vendors about my t-shirt another vendor comes over and says "you are the guy who collects razors, I have something for you." We walk over to his booth and there they were three Psycho Techs with two keys. I got all three and what I think to be a Simpson from a different vendor. I even managed to stay far below my budget of $60.

For those who know, is that a Simpson?

$uploadfromtaptalk1468724903770.jpg

Wow, that's quite a score ... you can expect to pay almost $60 just for an original Psycho key, so getting that whole lot is a steal.

Yes, that looks like a Simpson to me ... can you post a better pic so maybe we can track down which model?

Last edited:
Wow, that's quite a score ... you can expect to pay almost $60 just for an original Psycho key, so getting that whole lot is a steal.

Yes, that looks like a Simpson to me ... can you post a better pic so maybe we can track down which model?
I hope this helps.

$uploadfromtaptalk1468730527777.jpg

OK ... yes, it definitely is a Simpson. The Case model is still in production today. http://www.simpsonshavingbrushes.com/cgi-bin/trolleyed_public.cgi?action=showprod_CASEB

It was designed as a travel brush, and you can buy a matching travel tube to keep it in from many vendors.

The "Exclusive" says it may have been made for a particular merchant and then rebranded. I think Gimbels' Department Store carried Simpson brushes, so that might help to pin down the date. I'm thinking it might be from the 1960s.

Give it a good bath (protect the sticker, though) and try to use it ... that knot looks like it still has plenty of life left in it. No need to restore a good piece of history like that.

Under your budget of $60, how do you do it. Great haul mate and I still cant beleive you got thre psychos!

Well done, Terence, especially for that price. I was just thinking this morning that we have not heard from you in a while. Good to see that you are still mining the Great Northwest.

Top Bottom