What's new

A visit to Gentlemen's Best

Yesterday I had a chance to drop by and visit Ray's shop, I had commissioned some work on a set of Hart razors I have and wanted to take the opportunity of a visit to pick them up; I wanted to pick 'em up for the RW honing event, but I was not able to make it then.
We spent the afternoon shooting the breeze while he helped me out with honing a big Wosty I have( I gots to get me some Naniwas ). Needless to say I left very happy and wishing I had more time in my hands. I'll certainly be back.

About the Harts, I placed an order for one the very night they where available for sale back in October, that razor impressed me enough that I started AD'ing for a 7 day set. I was able to make a very good deal on them from Classic and contacted Ray about finishing them up...... here are the results; Ray's work is fantastic, I'm very grateful to him. The original one is now "Sunday"

Last edited:
Lou,

those are some beautiful Hart razors you have there. I just bought my first one last weekend and posted a review and pictures yesterday. You beat me to the punch buddy! I had the same idea about making a seven day set and purchasing one each month or so until I had it completed. Your buddy did an excellent job etching the days of the week into the spines. All you need now is an impressive box to safeguard and showcase them. I am eager to complete my set and now that I have seen yours even more excited. Great job!

Great job!!!

Did Ray do that with the LASER? Fantastic!!

I've got the itch for a Hart pretty bad, but I cannot decide on black or white... Looks like I shouldn't overthink it, they both look great!

BTW, Were all the blades done by the same Artisan at Hart? and if you don't mind divulging, which one?

Without me asking, they all ended up being Terry built blades (TV), same as the one I already had.

Right now I'm keeping them in a Dovo zippered case.

Ray can work magic with that laser.

Top Bottom