What's new

A Veteran's Day PIF (a really nice one, if I must say so myself !)

Veteran's Day morning, and a lot of great replies and nice "likes" so far. Thank You Gents !
Let's keep this going, with more B&B veterans chiming in and getting involved with my PIF.
And, most importantly, my heartfelt thanks and deep gratitude for all who have served in our military !

Yeah, I have few regrets, but not serving "just a bit longer" to pick that up is one of them.
All I can say is don't look back. I would have liked to stay for CW4, which I was ready to go for, but I had an agreement with my wife that I would get out when I received my 20 year letter with the Army National Guard. It would have meant an additional two years, one of it away from family. My kids had enough of me being gone. You may well have made the best decision for you life.

All I can say is don't look back. I would have liked to stay for CW4, which I was ready to go for, but I had an agreement with my wife that I would get out when I received my 20 year letter with the Army National Guard. It would have meant an additional two years, one of it away from family. My kids had enough of me being gone. You may well have made the best decision for you life.

That's about why I did get out. *Cheers!*

I myself am not active duty or retired military so I'm respectful not in, but both of my grandfather's served in WW2.

My mom's dad was a Navel Intelligence officer stationed in Annapolis Maryland. My dad's dad was a Navel Fighter Pilot in the Pacific, out of Hawaii.

Both servived the war. I'm extremely thankful for that as I got to spend time with both of them when I was a child. I only wish I could have known them as a grown man. The poise, class and character they both had was impressive and an example for me that was lacking elsewhere.

I'm forever grateful for their service and the service of all the men and women that served along side them as well as all that have served before and since. 😔

God bless.

Okay Gents ..... The most recent "I'm in" reply was Friday morning, so I am now officially closing my PIF.
From the bottom of my heart, THANK YOU so very much for all your wonderful replies and "likes," and a
tremendous THANK YOU to all you veterans here in our Badger & Blade community for your brave service
in our military. I salute you all.

And, the winner is (drum roll, please) ..... Lightcs1776. Congratulations Sir. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
I will PM you to get your mailing information.

And to all you gents, .... my best wishes for a happy healthy hopeful Thanksgiving holiday !

Very nice PIF!

...and, since today's the 10th, Happy 247th birthday, Marines!

My service:

USMC 1995-2004
MP (4yrs) / CID (6 yrs)
Last duty station was MCAS-New River (PMO - CID section) in 2003, before transferring to IRR. I was the only E5 that I knew of with a PhD (spent a chunk of my time in the reserves, was selected for WO1 at the end, but EASed before signing the docs and attending the school -- long story).
USMC 1965-1971. Nam 69-70. Semper Fi young Marine..see you at Fiddler’s Green…lurch

• Cheers
Reactions: OB1
I really appreciate this gift. I have now shaved with this razor for just over a week. It is indeed very light and the mildest razor I own. However, it gives a good shave without any irritation. It is the only razor I have under 100 grams so it is a bit different to use. One has to try a light weight razor to really know how it works for them. For all who served, you are appreciated.

Top Bottom