What's new

A vested interest?

I don't have any real occasion to wear a suit in my business life. In my small town this would just not go over well. But I have been thinking a lot about wearing a vest, with or without a bow tie (the only kind of tie I wear). It would need to be fairly casual and definitely needs a watch pocket so I can wear my pocket watch. I've tried carrying that in my blue jeans watch pocket, but it's too tight and both difficult and clumsy to take out.

Anyway, I'd sure appreciate any suggestions as to the sort of vest I might look for and some good online places to look.

Thanks. And Happy Holidays!

I know what you mean about the jeans watch pocket...not much use these days anymore. I'm willing to bet that most people don't even know what that little pocket is for anyway.

I think its cool that you like to carry a pocket watch. You don't see that much anymore.

I think wearing avest would be fine but I imagine a lot would depend on what line of work you are in.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
So stay away from part-of-a-suit vests, and opt for a more 'western' vest. A lot of them are gawdy (bad) but a few are pretty decent and subdued.

I would look for waistcoats with lapels and a self back. That way it doesn't look like you just forgot to wear a jacket.

I found a great-looking corduroy vest at Macy's. I'll share details when it gets here, but it looks like just the thing. Smart-looking, but definitely casual enough to wear with jeans or khakis.

Top Bottom