What's new

A Very Scary Shaving Lesson

My nephew is now at that age where he is beginning to have to shave, infrequently, but he needs to learn. He's always admired my shaving setup, so when he was over, I gave him a lesson, put a corked IP in my Fatboy turned the setting way down, showed him proper prep and had him lather up with some St. James.

He was a little thrown by the shape and blade angle, but eventually was doing a mildly competent job. I was showing him how to get his upper lip when he began to go white. Then he fainted dead away, falling to the floor. Thank God I caught the razor, tossed it in the sink and then caught him. Fortunately he came around very quickly and after I got some sugar in him, he seemed back to his old self. I still don't know why he fainted, blood sugar dropped, fear of blood when he saw me nick my jawline or fear of holding a sharp blade to his own face, but whatever it was I'm very thankful he's recovered but it certainly gave me quite a scare.

Glad he's okay. Maybe he fainted when he had a premonition of how much he would end up spending on future shaving supply AD's.

He may want to opt to grow a beard! :laugh:

Seriously, it was very nice of you to show him that.
My son is just 2 years old, so I have some time.

The sentiment of showing a youngster how to shave is what greeting card advertisements are made of- a wholesome experience that I hope more of us get a chance to experience.

Kids seem to grow up so fast today and are exposed to so much around them, between television and the Internet. It would be great to have a "dad/son" type of moment from time to time.

Be well,
Rob

I have a couple of times gotten light headed... It's usually been because either I didn't eat breakfast, or because I locked my knees. If I just take a quick break and relather, I'm usually fine.

1. I love your priorities Tim, first you catch the razor and then you catch the nephew.
2. You gave him a corked blade???? But you're a mod...!?:thumbup:
Glad he's ok though.
John.

1. I love your priorities Tim, first you catch the razor and then you catch the nephew.
2. You gave him a corked blade???? But you're a mod...!?:thumbup:
Glad he's ok though.
John.

I thought the same thing. Anyway, I hope he's better and that this doesn't happen again. Shaving is supposed to be fun!

Wow

Glad everything is OK now. This can be scary, indeed - especially with a straight :eek:

Hope this is a one-time thing
Ivo

Top Bottom