What's new

A Unique Experience...

Friday is my daughter's birthday, and since I will be in a run of 14 hour days at work, I won't get to see her, so tonight, it was dinner and shopping. She's 10 going on 16, and just got her ears pierced (for the 4th time...not 4 holes, she just quits wearing the earrings), so it was off to the mall!:bored:

I dropped her at Icing (with her 12 year old sister) and went a couple of stores down to GNC to check on Thayer's Rose Witch Hazel. Grabbed my loot, and back to the girls. Next stop was American Eagle Outfitters, right near The Body Shop.

I popped into The Body Shop intent on picking up some samples. Wound up buying a product to use as an A/S balm called Face Protector. It's nice, and I'll review it in the next week or two. But here is where things get interesting. On the shaving display, they had about a dozen boar shaving brushes. A little larger than a Tweezerman, but not as large as the Omega. There was no price, so I asked the lady about them. $7 bucks (probably not a bad deal as they looked decent). And then she told me..."If you want a badger hair brush, I recommend Em's Place online". I almost swooned! I had to ask again! "I beg your pardon"? "Em's Place. It's online. I bought my husband a badger brush from Em. And he likes our shaving cream, but prefers Truefitt & Hill."

What a day. I had a great time with my daughters, and actually met someone who knew SOMETHING about shaving.

Randy

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
rtaylor61 said:
And then she told me..."If you want a badger hair brush, I recommend Em's Place online". I almost swooned! I had to ask again! "I beg your pardon"? "Em's Place. It's online. I bought my husband a badger brush from Em. And he likes our shaving cream, but prefers Truefitt & Hill."

Randy

So that was that loud "Boing" I heard.

roughrider said:
Should have told her to send her husband to our site. Our long lost brother. :biggrin:

RR,

Unfortunately, other customers came along. I do plan to go back, with a list of website to give her.

Randy

Randy, interesting story. It's funny where you find fellow wetshavers. I hope your daughter has a great birthday.

Good story and its so nice to get an honest answer out of people when they have no clue that standing infront of them was one of the long lost SHAVE GOD'S
Professor in depilating Mr Randy himself, cool action give him the url's the path to oblivion.:wink:

Randy,

One neat thing about the Body Shop is their no-quibble guarantee. I recently stopped by the local Body Shop,while shopping at the mall with my [30 year old] daughter, and was discussing their shaving products with the female clerk who was very helpful but not quite as informed as the one you got.

I was explaining how that I was not "sure" on the scent of their cream, and that I might try a sample, she says, "If you want to buy a tub and just use as much as you want and if you don't like it for any reason, just bring back the tub and we'll gladly give you your money back." She said that was the way lots of folks try their products.

So, I'll probably be back to the Body Shop to try their aftershave balm and other things. Nice to find a store that works like that! :smile:

PottyDoctor said:
Randy,

One neat thing about the Body Shop is their no-quibble guarantee. I recently stopped by the local Body Shop,while shopping at the mall with my [30 year old] daughter, and was discussing their shaving products with the female clerk who was very helpful but not quite as informed as the one you got.

I was explaining how that I was not "sure" on the scent of their cream, and that I might try a sample, she says, "If you want to buy a tub and just use as much as you want and if you don't like it for any reason, just bring back the tub and we'll gladly give you your money back." She said that was the way lots of folks try their products.

So, I'll probably be back to the Body Shop to try their aftershave balm and other things. Nice to find a store that works like that! :smile:

Ron,
I have tried a couple or three of the Body Shop Aftershave Balms and Colognes. Very good aftershave balms with pleasant fragrances. I like the "Of A Man" especially. Nice green notes. The "Javari" is also nice too with warm citrus and floral (least it smells that way even though they don't advertise it as such).

PottyDoctor said:

:

What did you think of thier cream? I thought of trying it because I have no experience with creams, I only have soaps. The thing that kept me from purchasing the cream was the lack of samples. Now that I know their policy I might try it.

Jim Thompson said:
What did you think of thier cream? I thought of trying it because I have no experience with creams, I only have soaps. The thing that kept me from purchasing the cream was the lack of samples. Now that I know their policy I might try it.
Hi Jim,
I do not know where you are located, but the policy of the local Body Shop is they create samples from stock. AAMOF, they have delightful little sample containers that provide approximately two shaves or more. Ask and see if they won't make one for you. Our local Body Shop has been very supportive of the COWSBC and provided samples upon request for the entire membership!

Ron,
Thanks for the info. The employee I spoke to was new, she had to actually look around to find the shaving section, so perhaps she did not know about samples. I'll look into it.

Jim,

I've been using their shaving cream for about 6 months. I like it. Shave quality is good, but a number of gents have not been too fond of the scent. Yesterday, I was primarily looking for a summer type moisturizer. I left with the Face Factor and one sample of Javari A/S Balm, which I am wearing today. It seems to go on "heavy", but settles down quickly.

Randy

Thanks for the info, I think I'll probably try it the next time I'm at the mall, the price is not bad especially when you consider that you don't have to pay for shipping.

guenron said:
Hi Jim,
I do not know where you are located, but the policy of the local Body Shop is they create samples from stock. AAMOF, they have delightful little sample containers that provide apporximately two shaves or more. Ask and see if they won't make one for you. Our local Body Shop has been very supportive of the COWSBC and provided samples upon request for the entire membership!

Jim,

The clerk did offer to make me a sample but after smelling it and seeing its creamy texture I chose to just buy a tub and I really like it. As for the smell/scent I like it but some do not. I have read that it was originally called Sandalwood some years ago. It is certainly not a true Sandalwood scent in my opinion. Maybe some others will be better able to describe the scent/fragrance of this cream.

Top Bottom