What's new

A Turkish Delight: The Yuma razor.

Is the Yuma made in China? No, it’s made in Turkey. So it’s not relevant to this thread to ***** about poor shaves from cheap Chinese razors. The Yuma is ugly, poorly made, unrefined, atrocious in every way except that it shaves like a dream. Too bad many B&B folks won’t try it.
And if you polish your Yuma with a nice metal polish like Autosol you will have a razor that is dirt cheap (3 Euros here in Sweden), shave like a dream and looks like a million dollars (almost) :cool:

And if you polish your Yuma with a nice metal polish like Autosol you will have a razor that is dirt cheap (3 Euros here in Sweden), shave like a dream and looks like a million dollars (almost) :cool:
Y403S-5_2021-06-02.jpg
:001_wub:

So how does one acquire such a fine specimen of razor engineering? Any of the major vendors stock them? I'm coming up dry.

HERE's one on eBay. :wink2:
Hmm. That is a pretty high price to pay for what has been vaunted in this thread as a wonder for a few USD$. I fully understand why the price has to be so high on ebay, what with their usurious fees. I'll pass until I can obtain one and not pay more to ebay than the vendor.

Hmm. That is a pretty high price to pay for what has been vaunted in this thread as a wonder for a few USD$. I fully understand why the price has to be so high on ebay, what with their usurious fees. I'll pass until I can obtain one and not pay more to ebay than the vendor.
Although shipping is "free," that's where the bulk of the expense will be. How much would it cost you to send a small package to Turkey?

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
So how does one acquire such a fine specimen of razor engineering? Any of the major vendors stock them? I'm coming up dry.

Sorry not to be able to help. I checked my payment information to find the company where I bought mine (about $10 with shipping from Turkey). They don't seem to have 'em now. Actually, I know this is the website URL but I'm not sure it's the same company at all. I think maybe not.

I looked a good little bit online for them, without success, which probably means someone else will find them for in about 30 seconds.

HERE's one on eBay. :wink2:

And, I'd looked on eBay, too. Proving the obvious.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Although shipping is "free," that's where the bulk of the expense will be. How much would it cost you to send a small package to Turkey?
You are right; I only took a quick look and did not look to see where the vendor is located. It is only fair to expect to pay for shipping overseas. Mea culpa.

Depending on where you live, but if you have an "oriental" supermarket nearby you can usually find it for a few Euros there.
In Göteborg, Sweden, we have a few oriental supermarket where we can buy a Yuma for 3-5 Euros

Reactions: ewk

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I wonder what other razors are somewhat similar in efficiency but smoother and, well, a lot nicer?

Any suggestions?

Happy shaves to you,

Jim

I bought a bundle to get it together with a nice Turkish copper shaving bowl, some blades and obviously some Arko ;) the only dross was the brush. Might make it more economical to ship.
3D016B9E-5552-483D-B1F4-803E33CAF431.jpeg

yumavsorak.jpeg

Today I acquired an "Orak" DE Razor. Similar to Yuma but aggressive version. I mean much more aggressive version. You can see the photo of the blade gaps differences. This weekend I'll give a try.

Top Bottom