What's new

A Tobacco Blending Odyssey.

Blending isn't as easy as it would appear. A light hand is required.
Oh I fully expect the poor deluded suckers adventurous testers to cough and sputter and quickly dump out their bowls next year. Dan quoted Edison earlier, and that ethic definitely applies here. My ratios are based on established blends, though, and are VA & Kentucky based (okay, a little perique), so eventually it ought to become at the very least a smokeable concoction.

$DSCF4001.jpg

$let the games begin.jpg

Well, the dark fired Kentucky is on backorder, but between this order and what I've got still on the way, I should have plenty to play around with for a while.

I was going to smoke the McClelland Red Cake as a stand alone. It's not a bad smoke once you get past the ketchup smell, but I'm now anxious to hear what you come up with as a blend that contains it.

I was going to smoke the McClelland Red Cake as a stand alone. It's not a bad smoke once you get past the ketchup smell, but I'm now anxious to hear what you come up with as a blend that contains it.
Funny you should say that. I've tried smoking the component blends individually, just to see what I'm starting with, and the Red Cake is the only one I think I'd consider smoking regularly on its own - good enough that I'm considering just jarring it up for a couple years (I get the ketchup smell, but I really don't mind it at all - like every McClelland VA I've tried, it smokes great). Between what I already have and what's on the way, I've got plenty of Virginia options, and I only got 8 oz of the red cake, so I may jar up half on its own and blend the other half.

It's all about experimentation.

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
5 year old red cake is no joke. I put a pound down in my cellar after tasting some.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Since you are blending, you will not be needing that Escudo. I will gladly cellar it for you for 5 years or so :001_smile

Sooo...two boxes on the doorstep today. Five pounds of blending tobacco, plus what I got last week (plus the pound of dark fired Kentucky that was backordered but should ship today). About to time to get off my duff and get to it...

$DSCF4026.jpg

I got one of the B&B notebook covers from WCS toward the end of last year, pulled the notebook out and replaced it with a Hobonichi planner (perfect fit, by the way). Since I'm off the ship and driving a desk for a while, I've found I really don't need to carry a planner around in my pocket, so I put the notebook back in. Voila...a perfect tobacco blending notebook.

$DSCF4027.jpg

Top Bottom