What's new

A throwback to basics this week…Gillette Tech.

I found this well worn old Tech in one of my storage boxes and decided to clean it up and give it a try with a fresh NACET blade. I don’t know how old it is.
I’m pleasantly surprised by this thing. It’s very mild and easy on the face, not quite as BBS as my beloved 195 Adjustable, but very good! (The 195 is more effective mostly around the chin and jawline). To be so mild, I got a very nice and easy shave out of it! 😃
Maybe with a little practice I could get better with it. 😉

Attachments

• 78F08373-D277-4AA1-84F2-C143B9C3857B.jpeg
    78F08373-D277-4AA1-84F2-C143B9C3857B.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 23
  • C2D2F336-31D2-423D-96A8-CEAF3F754785.jpeg
    C2D2F336-31D2-423D-96A8-CEAF3F754785.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 23
  • 12134859-335D-415C-81B9-A13215582823.jpeg
    12134859-335D-415C-81B9-A13215582823.jpeg
    883.5 KB · Views: 23
LOL! Yes, this is among that stuff you think you lost when you moved and stuck everything in storage out of convenience! 😉
There should be more, but I’m just happy anything is turning up. 😄

I agree, the 195 is so hard to beat! Still my all time favorite. But if I was told I could only use a Tech from now on, I think I’d be okay with that. 😉

I found this well worn old Tech in one of my storage boxes and decided to clean it up and give it a try with a fresh NACET blade. I don’t know how old it is.
I’m pleasantly surprised by this thing. It’s very mild and easy on the face, not quite as BBS as my beloved 195 Adjustable, but very good! (The 195 is more effective mostly around the chin and jawline). To be so mild, I got a very nice and easy shave out of it! 😃

It's a beauty. If there is no date code, it was made in the mid to late 40s, which means that it is almost 80 years old.

It's a beauty. If there is no date code, it was made in the mid to late 40s, which means that it is almost 80 years old.
It has oval holes in the base not triangles so it’s newer than that style, if you can call it newer.

Last edited:
It has oval holes in the base not triangles. It’s newer than that, if you can call it newer.
It's a "post war" Tech. IF it has no date code, it was made between 1946 and 1950, which means it is potentially nearing 80 years old. IF it has a date code (I don't see one but the pic is not clear) it was made later.

At least according to the Tech Wiki here at B&B.

+1! One of the best ‘mild/moderate’ razors ever IMHO!! :thumbup1::thumbup1:

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I'm anxiously waiting for my British Flat Bottom Tech to get here. They have created the label... hopefully, it will get into the USPS system soon. The promised date is August 10th.... But it is shipping from Canada.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I'm anxiously waiting for my British Flat Bottom Tech to get here. They have created the label... hopefully, it will get into the USPS system soon. The promised date is August 10th.... But it is shipping from Canada.
Turns out... my Flat Bottom is shipping from Washington State, not Canada... so that should speed things up a bit.

Top Bottom