What's new

A thank you to everyone.

Yesterday ended up being a rough one.

Covid still hanging on like a mill stone around my neck, and my phenomenal mother in law ended up having to go to hospital, and with Covid, my lovely War Department is unable to be with her. She's nearly blind, and in not the best health.

But my day brightened up considerably when I looked in the mailbox!

I truly am such a juvenile! I have ALWAYS loved getting the mail. EVERY day is like Christmas to me, especially since I'm retired. In my opinion, mail should be delivered 8 days a week. I drive my wife nuts if the mail person is 5 minutes late.

Also: if my wife gets the mail in the house (unless it's raining, then that's okay) before I do, it can send me into my own little pity party! She actually thought she was doing me a FAVOR putting MY "junk mail" in the woodstove or recycle bin!?!

Who died and gave her the title of "Decider of ANYTHING Post Office Related"!!! She is, other than that major character flaw, an otherwise above average female person.

But I digress (yeah, I'm surprised I let that happen too!) ....... In today's mail I received what is now featured as my avatar photo! Let me see if I can blow it up for you:
View attachment 1249187
It was sent anonymously, but I'm sure I could think of 2 dozen folks on here in about a minute flat that could have sent it. Enclosed was also a very nice note.

So being such a sissy boy and complaining about my Covid experience has caused one of you folks to do this for me, and it TRULY brightened my day, more than you can ever know.

Thank you all for putting up with me, Dave: the Tanned Farmer

It is that kind of week. My Dad died last Monday. Thankfully, I had last spoken to him that Sunday and I got to remind him that I love him.

And this week my sister and I had to clear out his apartment, cancel his cable tv, make funeral arraingements, etc.

As far as is forum content goes, Dad left me a Microtouch One razor, a Case Knives mini Trapper, and an SOG multi-tool plier. I'm carrying the knife and multitool today as EDC.

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
It is that kind of week. My Dad died last Monday. Thankfully, I had last spoken to him that Sunday and I got to remind him that I love him.

And this week my sister and I had to clear out his apartment, cancel his cable tv, make funeral arraingements, etc.

As far as is forum content goes, Dad left me a Microtouch One razor, a Case Knives mini Trapper, and an SOG multi-tool plier. I'm carrying the knife and multitool today as EDC.
I’m very sorry for your loss.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"

That is rough my friend. I'll keep my troubles.

My sincere condolences, sir! May you live long and happy life, to be able to remember and honour the memory of your father for long.

I'm sorry for your loss.

Hope you feel better soon! On a side note, has anyone with COVID tried the Veg to see if it will kill the virus? Just wondering...

I suspect that a liberal application of Lilac Vegetal will be excellent at preventing the spread of COVID. The primary ingredient is specially denatured alcohol 40b, so the concentration is likely to be close to 50%. Even if the concentration is not quite high enough to kill the virus, the wonderful aroma of The Veg will keep others at a socially acceptable distance to prevent transmission of disease. It may be easier to obtain than the vaccines. However, I got my shots and recommend others do as well.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
@AshleyC, very sorry for your loss; glad you were able to talk with him

@FarmerTan, buddy, you better get well soon; rooting and praying for you to heal up
I'm much better today. I went for a fairly rigorous (for me!) walk on the road outside of my home for 20 minutes. It seems that every time I exercise one day I pay for it the next, but I want to see if there is a correlation.

Also, as my Dad used to say, people die every day in their Lazyboy. I want to be killed in an undercover assignment for the Men in Black.

Hopefully today's walk was the beginning of your rebound and tomorrow will be a better day!

@AshleyC really sorry for your loss. That really is a tough one and a tough week. Glad you were able to have that last conversation with your dad. That's important and probably helped you both. Peace to you and your family.

Messygoon

Abandoned By Gypsies.
Dave, I’m concerned there may be a conspiracy going on. As I consider two biggies in your life right now, “COVID” and your beloved “Arko,” and I rearrange the letters, I come up with “avid crook” or “avoid rock.” Clearly, something sinister is going on... watch your back.

Okay... that was a stretch, but if it made you smile, it was well worth it. You and the War Department hang in there my friend, and from experience, keep up the walking. All the best!

Top Bottom