What's new

A thank you to everyone.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Yesterday ended up being a rough one.

Covid still hanging on like a mill stone around my neck, and my phenomenal mother in law ended up having to go to hospital, and with Covid, my lovely War Department is unable to be with her. She's nearly blind, and in not the best health.

But my day brightened up considerably when I looked in the mailbox!

I truly am such a juvenile! I have ALWAYS loved getting the mail. EVERY day is like Christmas to me, especially since I'm retired. In my opinion, mail should be delivered 8 days a week. I drive my wife nuts if the mail person is 5 minutes late.

Also: if my wife gets the mail in the house (unless it's raining, then that's okay) before I do, it can send me into my own little pity party! She actually thought she was doing me a FAVOR putting MY "junk mail" in the woodstove or recycle bin!?!

Who died and gave her the title of "Decider of ANYTHING Post Office Related"!!! She is, other than that major character flaw, an otherwise above average female person.

But I digress (yeah, I'm surprised I let that happen too!) ....... In today's mail I received what is now featured as my avatar photo! Let me see if I can blow it up for you:
IMG_20210408_114548775~2.jpg

It was sent anonymously, but I'm sure I could think of 2 dozen folks on here in about a minute flat that could have sent it. Enclosed was also a very nice note.

So being such a sissy boy and complaining about my Covid experience has caused one of you folks to do this for me, and it TRULY brightened my day, more than you can ever know.

Thank you all for putting up with me, Dave: the Tanned Farmer

FarmerTan

Very heartwarming. I hope everything is better soon, Tan.
Even if it ain't, I've got no reason to complain. You've truly never met anyone who has had a more wonderful life than me.

And thank you for letting me pick on you all these years! I've said for years that everyone needs a hobby, and for some reason even I don't understand, not long after I signed up for B and B poking the Dawg with a stick has been mine!

FarmerTan

3 rays of vintage sunshine! Thats one heck of a get well card.

Take it easy, get some rest, and get well soon. Listen to the war Department for once and do whatever the doctor tells you.
I have been told by my doctor that there is a fine line between being active enough and too active for proper recovery.

I have never been this sick and felt so well, if that makes any sense?

One minute I feel as if I was never sick, the very next moment I feel as if I survived a cattle stampede after a fall from my saddle. So strange.

Lefonque

Even more clueless than you
Great write up! So sorry for the tough time you and your family are experiencing. It is great the way that some really step up in times of adversity. Wishing you your loved ones health and happiness.
Thank you for your contribution to our forum and online community.

Top Bottom