What's new

A tale of two Tech's

So I loaded up a USA Triangular slot Tech and a English flat bottom Tech with new Polsilver blades and spent 2 weeks alternating shaves between them, shaving every 2 days.

proxy.php

The handles are different and the flat bottom has a hollow 2 piece handle. The triangular slot has the fat handle but it's weighted with solder. I swapped handles between them throughout the trial. I also used a ball end handle on both.

proxy.php

Also just to be transparent...The triangular slot is sort of a Frankenrazor. I got the base plate for little money and stuck it on a post war oblong slot ball end Tech...which has a fat handle on it. Dunno if that makes a difference or if the caps are exactly the same. I'm guessing they are. They look the same to me.

proxy.php

So my conclusion...Gimme the flat bottom Tech any day. I'd say they are equally efficient. They both deliver excellent shaves. I've shaved with various others but these are by far the most efficient I've tried. The English flat bottom is so smoooth though, way ahead of the pre war rectangular slot. Not that it's rough mind non of em are, but I gorra conclude it gets left behind by the English flat bottom. It really is a stonker of a razor.

Shame about the crap 2 piece handle though. :biggrin1:

proxy.php

Next up sometime soon...A tale of two OLD's.

YMMV. I have both and quite some time ago tried to find a difference between the 2 in how they shave and just couldn't tell any difference at all. Both are very efficient and comfortable razors. I recently pulled my diamond bottom out and will have to dig around for the flat bottom, maybe try another head to head comparison, see if time and experience change anything for me.

I sold, traded, pif'd all my DE's, except for the two Tech heads your talking about, and I also prefer the English Tech.

you are aware of the fact that you can put a tech head on almost any standard handle in the world, right? so you don't have to worry about the crappy handle; just use a better one.

Top Bottom