What's new

A tale of three small brushes

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
I like small brushes and now have a Kent BK4 and two Simpsons, a T2 synthetic and a Chubby 1 in best badger. The Kent is a shade taller than the others, but that is chiefly because of its taller handle. It is the floppiest of the three, but it is not really a floppy brush. It just naturally splays well. It actually has a decent backbone, probably thanks in part to its size. It holds a ton of lather, enough for four passes plus, and the lather stays perfect, not getting thick or dry for the lsst pass. It is a joy to use for face lathering. The T2 is very soft to the touch but a tad unyielding on the face. If you want it to splay it requires pressure. It whips up lather quickly and prodigiously but is better suited to painting on the lather. It holds enough lather for three passes or more, but by the third pass it was a little drier than I prefer. The Ch 1 is in between. It splays easily but is noticeably firmer than the Kent. It whips up lather extremely well and holds enough high quality, very moist lather for four passes. It is great for face lathering or painting, but I prefer the former. In conclusion all three are terrific, each has its own personality, the T2 is the best deal by a landslide but the other two offer great products at what seems a reasonable price. Of course the Kent is out of production but is still available. If I were HRH I believe I would transfer the royal warrant to Simpsons but for the fact that Kent makes all manner of brushes and combs.

Of the 3 you speak of, i have only the Chubby. It is a marvelous brush indeed. I have always wanted a Kent. I'm afraid I've waited too long on acquiring one.

Chef455

Head Cheese Head Chef
I failed to acknowledge the value of smaller brushes at the beginning of my (post cartridge) shaving journey. That is a shame considering I sport a goatee and smaller brushes serve me well.

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
Of the 3 you speak of, i have only the Chubby. It is a marvelous brush indeed. I have always wanted a Kent. I'm afraid I've waited too long on acquiring one.
They can still be had. I saw the black handled one on sale!

Great comparison!! :thumbup: :thumbup:

I have a Chubby 1 that I really enjoy! Your comments are spot on concerning that lovely brush.

Top Bottom