What's new

A Tale of Three Shave Oils

Scotto:
Thanks for the reviews. I've wondered about shave oils in the past and if I should give them a try. I think you gave me the answer.:thumbdown
Jerry

+Being that my skin is oily to begin with, I never really considered the use of shave oils. However,(Resistance is futile!) the thought had been crossing my mind that maybe I was missing out on something-tyx for satisfying my curiosity and directing my desire elsewhere. :thumbup1:

Marty

Well, this is one of those topics that will get debated forever. In the end, whatever works for you should be what you use, regardless of what some "expert" says. Heck, if you like to smear shoe polish on your face and shave with a bare DE blade, more power to you.

Eloquently said!!! :thumbup1:

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Heck, if you like to smear shoe polish on your face and shave with a bare DE blade, more power to you.

But not Kiwi shoe polish, it doesn't work as well. :lol: (In case anyone was following the shoe polish debate ... )

I've been a believer in preshave oil for a while now (Anthony Logistics) and I just ordered some more:mad: but after reading this discussion, I think I'll try the half-face test to see if I really need it.

I've never really liked pre shave oils, my feeling is that if you are going to use lather anyway, what is the point. However I do from time to time like an actual shave oil. For me, the one that fits the bill is the Shave Secret. Others may like other brands. I don't see the point in putting lather over top of them, counter to the instructions, by the way, as doing so to me would seem a bit....counterproductive. After all...soap breaks up oil...
use it if you like it, don't if you don't, this stuff isn't rocket science
John P.

For guys with dry skin, you might want to try out a pre-shave oil. Though I haven't seen any difference in my shave using pre-shave oil, it does help considerably with the dryness, and tends to work/feel different from typical ASBs, in a way that I like. Is it worth the price? Maybe not, but I wouldn't pass it up if I received some as a gift.

Top Bottom