What's new

a tale of 3 zimmerli boxers

I bought 3 zimmerli boxers at different times. I'm attaching pictures of two of them.

First, none of them say "Made in Switzerland".

Second, they were all worn and washed the same way, and yet there is a difference in how the material at the leg openings have wrinkled -- from none to very bad (I'm attaching pictures of the two with a problem). All are 100% cotton. I wonder what causes this.

Attachments

• IMG_0366.JPG
    IMG_0366.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0374.JPG
    IMG_0374.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 16
Last edited:
I believe this is called a puckered seam. Caused by how it was sewn, where the seamstress did not keep the material in proper tension relative to the stitch when making the hem. Could have been an issue of operator inexperience, training, etc?? I do not know how to identify this when buying new garments, and I really hate when it happens to an otherwise nice button up shirt.

I believe this is called a puckered seam. Caused by how it was sewn, where the seamstress did not keep the material in proper tension relative to the stitch when making the hem. Could have been an issue of operator inexperience, training, etc?? I do not know how to identify this when buying new garments, and I really hate when it happens to an otherwise nice button up shirt.
There is a noticeable difference in the feel of the material in all 3. It might have to do with the type of cotton and the way it was weaved, but not sure.

There is a noticeable difference in the feel of the material in all 3. It might have to do with the type of cotton and the way it was weaved, but not sure.
I see, it could have been different quality cotton as you say.

Your post reminded me of my visit to a Dillard's store that was having a closing down sale in Fall 2019. I tried on a few different of their (house) brand of shirts which were made in either 100% cotton or cotton/poly blends. The interesting thing to me was that these shirts which otherwise looked like they were made in the same factory (same cut, same size, etc) were made in 3 or 4 different countries. For example a blue&green shirt was made in country A, while the identical pattern blue&orange shirt was made in country B. So it was the same but not the same.

Top Bottom