Votes: 80 77.7%
  • Meh.

Votes: 18 17.5%
  • Hate it.

Votes: 4 3.9%
  • Would rather bath in the Veg.

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters
I really like TOBS sandalwood cream. I have a few pucks of AoS sandalwood soap (old kind) that are ‘meh’ so it depends.

I got a bunch this winter. My favorite hands down is wsp version. Its dark and woodsy not sweet.

Just tried the WSP Sandalwood. I don't know exactly what sandalwood smells like (as this is my first SW splash), but I like it. Creamy and vanilla mostly. Kinda warm. The Mrs. liked it so I thought it was worth a shot.

Now I can start comparing.

Just tried the WSP Sandalwood. I don't know exactly what sandalwood smells like (as this is my first SW splash), but I like it. Creamy and vanilla mostly. Kinda warm. The Mrs. liked it so I thought it was worth a shot.

Never have thought of describing it before, other than "Sandalwood" :)

A "woodsy vanilla" though would be close.

I would like to find a nice Sandalwood from one of the top performing soaps makers but I haven't found one yet. Any suggestions out there? For an example, Wholly Kaw and Eufros are top performers for me. I also enjoy PAA, Mike's, and B&M.

I would like to find a nice Sandalwood from one of the top performing soaps makers but I haven't found one yet. Any suggestions out there? For an example, Wholly Kaw and Eufros are top performers for me. I also enjoy PAA, Mike's, and B&M.

Have you tried Proraso Red? Top performer in my book and a good sandalwood scent. And for about $10 you can’t go wrong. It was my first soap and I make sure to always have it in the den.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.

glad you both like it
ive got mine ready for tomorrow

Have you tried Proraso Red? Top performer in my book and a good sandalwood scent. And for about $10 you can’t go wrong. It was my first soap and I make sure to always have it in the den.

Thank you, yes, I had a Proraso Red but no longer. I should have spent a few more minutes with my thoughts. I tend to stay with the artisans vs. the larger commercial folks now. BTW, I forgot to mention Caties. The stuff is awesome. So, any thoughts for artisan sandalwoods? I see that Mr. Bonney posted the WSP sandalwood. I've not tried a WSP soap yet.

No worries my dude. Ol Red is just one of those ones everyone ought to try at some point. Just making sure to cover the bases. Personally I keep Ol red and Mitchell’s in stock for my own personal nostalgia. I use Stirling pretty much exclusively these days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you. Same scenario with MWF for me. I appreciate the nostalgia but it doesn't touch most of the artisan soaps. I'm standard with Mike's, WK, B&M, Caties, Eufros, and PAA.

I just noticed that PAA came out with a sandalwood scent in the CK6 base called Supreme Sandalwood Science. I'll probably get one. In my opinion, Douglas does some of the nicest scents in the business.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
i think there is a "bouquet" versions as well as a more raw or woodsy versions. people say that the true oil is very expensive and I have not tried any pure 100% sw oil.
from my limited experience I think the wsp version is about as woodsy as it gets.

At one time Crabtree & Evelyn's sandalwood shave cream contained my very favorite shave fragrance of all. Came in a tub with a screw-on lid. I think they have changed it since the early 2000s though.

Shave Cream

I used to love C&E shaving soap, especially their original sandalwood scent, but I abandoned the brand since I was introduced to artisan soaps. Just better performance all around.

Meh. I prefer brighter scents. I have done full pucks of C&E and AOS tallow Sandalwood, preferring AOS, but I don’t think I’ll do another unless gifted it. I think there was a reason that AOS Sandalwood was more available in tallow form, and the other scents were not, when the formulation changed. Was it the least popular?

Top Bottom