What's new

A special thank you to all the members and this site.....

By the way, what scents did you get from Sterling? Did you get sample pack sizes or go for the full sizes? They have a wide variety of scents, so make sure to pick up the soaps from their website. The sample sizes are also on their website.

Don't be afraid to order try out all 70+ scents on whichever credit card that has the highest credit limit. :p
Spare no expense !!!

You won't regret it. I promise.
I haven't found one I dislike. But my favorite is Barbershop. It smells just like I remember it smelled in the Barbershop in small town Oklahoma when I was a kid. Minus the dust, pipe tobacco, W.D.-40, B.O.

I have a barber shop sample pack from West Coast Shaving. If you are interested, you may want to pick up a sample pack from them as well.

Also from the Sterling Soap sample packs they offer - they have a Barbershop soap that I have as part of my sample pack. I picked up 10+ sample soaps from them. THey packaged it in plastic wrap which you can smell the scent from without opening it. I liked everything I picked.

You may also want to try anything in their Gentlemens or dressed series of soaps as well.

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
The Proraso I really like. It was one of my first pre-shave and shaving creams I got when I started in DE shaving, along with the Art of Shaving shave kits. I really like both of them.

I have the following Proraso products in pre-shave and cream:
Red - Sandalwood
Yellow - wood and cedar - just got it but it smells good.
Green - eucalyptus - not crazy about the smell, but it (and all of them) gives a good shave and it leaves a tingling feeling even after the shave.

Make sure to invest in good razors that feels comfortable to you. If need be, start with sample packs of different varieties. You will then find out which you like most, and which you dislike most - as I have found I dislike Big Ben and Shark blades the most.

I tend to love the Astras and Feathers. I like the Merkurs, Wilkinson Sword (Black), and Bic. I have other razors which I need to try out as well. You too will soon be sharing what you like and dislike on razors and soaps.

Happy shaving, and watch your bank account fall as you start to suddenly realize your biggest investments will be the soaps, creams, and razors !!!! You just have to have them all.

Yes, I couldn't agree more, Proraso for the win! I didn't even know about the yellow. I've only seen the GREEN, RED, and WHITE for sale, this is the first I am hearing of the yellow variety. So it smells of wood and cedar does it? I suppose I would like that scent. But, I am actually thinking on doing a combination of stuff, I want to get more Proraso stuff, but I've been excited to also try out this latest craze people seem to love, Caties Bubbles.

I don't think that name could be any cuter, so, gonna have to try out some of that Caties Bubbles. Amazon don't have much variety though, I am guessing there is a better place to shop for it. But whever I shop from, has to support Amazon Pay, cause I won't put anymore on my credit. Its inflated enough as it is, and I have to pay it off as quick as possible.

But yes, you are right. Cause, your gonna drain that bank account, but let me tell you what, unlike draining your bank account for a stupid coffee maker that only lasts for a year and make you regret it, you won't regret buying amazing smelling soaps that make you feel good about life, when you are experiencing your shave.

let me tell you what, unlike draining your bank account for a stupid coffee maker that only lasts for a year and make you regret it, you won't regret buying amazing smelling soaps that make you feel good about life, when you are experiencing your shave.

I have two simple solutions to all of that.....
1. Stop drinking coffee. :001_tt2::001_tt2::001_tt2::001_tt2::001_tt2::001_tt2:
2. Put your hard earned $$$ into better resources in things you wont regret. Like shaving. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
3. Up your credit limit. Its the only way you will really step up your shaving game here and join up with us big boys !!! :laugh::laugh:

I only found out about the Proraso Yellow myself just recently. I did not even see it on their website. I dont recall seeing it on Amazon. But once I hit up on ebay, I found someone selling both, so I went for it.. So I went for the pre-shave and shaving cream. Wood Cedar scent from Proraso. I figure why not just do a straight purchase because everything I tried from Proraso so far has been a real winner. They've been around for well over 70 years. Pre-dates to pre-WWII I believe. So they are a grooming (shaving) company that is backed by tradition and history. That is good enough for me to throw my money at them. I view Proraso as an investment company to my shaving. I am certain others here feel the same way with their choices, whether its soap, cream, DE razor, SE razor, SR, pre-shave, after-shave, badges and boar brushes.

Sorry cartridge razor shaving fans out there... cartridge shaving is NOT an investment !!! And I cant see a fan-base for cartridge shaving. If there is... it would not even come CLOSE as to what we have here at B&B.

Hmmm..... to put that therory to the test... how about I start a thread of cartridge razor fan-boys out there....
I dont think the question would be.... how many fans are out there.... but the question would be - how many crickets we will hear !!!!

Ah... I love these little diabolical schemes I come up with !!! (Like getting @Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker to purchase more shaving supplies on his CC)

Or.... I can tempt @Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker to up his credit spending by mentioning one word. And one word only.....

STEREO COMPONENTS !!!!

OK, that was two words.

Oh look.... @Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker is on the phone now talking to his CC company about upping his credit limit.

Now.... lets talk about Luxman, Technics, Sony, Denon, JVC, Yamaha, Onkyo Integra, Aiwa, Akai, and Marantz.....

The Proraso I really like. It was one of my first pre-shave and shaving creams I got when I started in DE shaving, along with the Art of Shaving shave kits. I really like both of them.

I have the following Proraso products in pre-shave and cream:
Red - Sandalwood
Yellow - wood and cedar - just got it but it smells good.
Green - eucalyptus - not crazy about the smell, but it (and all of them) gives a good shave and it leaves a tingling feeling even after the shave.

Make sure to invest in good razors that feels comfortable to you. If need be, start with sample packs of different varieties. You will then find out which you like most, and which you dislike most - as I have found I dislike Big Ben and Shark blades the most.

I tend to love the Astras and Feathers. I like the Merkurs, Wilkinson Sword (Black), and Bic. I have other razors which I need to try out as well. You too will soon be sharing what you like and dislike on razors and soaps.

Happy shaving, and watch your bank account fall as you start to suddenly realize your biggest investments will be the soaps, creams, and razors !!!! You just have to have them all.
Yep! So far I've bought and used a Merkur 23C & Parker 97R. I've also Ordered a Razorock Lupo, The "winning" razor and a Feather Popular. Plus I've already tried tons of brands and models of blades. I've settled right now on the Bic Chrome platinum's as they seem to me like the sharpest and smoothest blades (even sharper than the Feather's). So I'm on that path of trying it all already!

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I have two simple solutions to all of that.....
1. Stop drinking coffee. :001_tt2::001_tt2::001_tt2::001_tt2::001_tt2::001_tt2:
2. Put your hard earned $$$ into better resources in things you wont regret. Like shaving. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
3. Up your credit limit. Its the only way you will really step up your shaving game here and join up with us big boys !!! :laugh::laugh:

I only found out about the Proraso Yellow myself just recently. I did not even see it on their website. I dont recall seeing it on Amazon. But once I hit up on ebay, I found someone selling both, so I went for it.. So I went for the pre-shave and shaving cream. Wood Cedar scent from Proraso. I figure why not just do a straight purchase because everything I tried from Proraso so far has been a real winner. They've been around for well over 70 years. Pre-dates to pre-WWII I believe. So they are a grooming (shaving) company that is backed by tradition and history. That is good enough for me to throw my money at them. I view Proraso as an investment company to my shaving. I am certain others here feel the same way with their choices, whether its soap, cream, DE razor, SE razor, SR, pre-shave, after-shave, badges and boar brushes.

Sorry cartridge razor shaving fans out there... cartridge shaving is NOT an investment !!! And I cant see a fan-base for cartridge shaving. If there is... it would not even come CLOSE as to what we have here at B&B.

Hmmm..... to put that therory to the test... how about I start a thread of cartridge razor fan-boys out there....
I dont think the question would be.... how many fans are out there.... but the question would be - how many crickets we will hear !!!!

Ah... I love these little diabolical schemes I come up with !!! (Like getting @Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker to purchase more shaving supplies on his CC)

Hey, I’ll join that fan club. Have you ever used a Gillette Guard? Best darn cartridge razor out there! I use one regularly.

Of course, I might be the only member in that fan club:laugh:

Or.... I can tempt @Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker to up his credit spending by mentioning one word. And one word only.....

STEREO COMPONENTS !!!!

OK, that was two words.

Oh look.... @Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker is on the phone now talking to his CC company about upping his credit limit.

Now.... lets talk about Luxman, Technics, Sony, Denon, JVC, Yamaha, Onkyo Integra, Aiwa, Akai, and Marantz.....

True story. There are MUCH BIGGER rabbit holes than shaving stuff.

I'm glad I could enable. Let me know what you think about the Black Cherry. I might have to get me some as well after all.

I've used the black cherry soap this morning which I have unequivicol scientific evidence that it works very well. The scientific proof that it is effective and that works very well will astound you... which I will share here among with my shaving peers....

Wifey approves of it. Need I say anything further???

I really enjoy shaving with the soap and it lathers up really nicely in my newly acquired shaving bowl with my old trust silvertip Badger.

So now guys... Do what I do for a successful shave. Find the cc with the highest credit limit and buy all those soaps and creams, blades, and razors that you've wanted but been putting off for a very long time. Spend like there is no tomorrow. Or at least spend lime you won't get a credit statement ever again. Remember... This is YOUR investment. Your shaving investment that is. I don't think your significant others will object now that you've seen the scientific proof first hand.

Enjoy all!!!!

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

I've used the black cherry soap this morning which I have unequivicol scientific evidence that it works very well. The scientific proof that it is effective and that works very well will astound you... which I will share here among with my shaving peers....

I really enjoy shaving with the soap and it lathers up really nicely in my newly acquired shaving bowl with my old trust silvertip Badger.

So now guys... Do what I do for a successful shave. Find the cc with the highest credit limit and buy all those soaps and creams, blades, and razors that you've wanted but been putting off for a very long time. Spend like there is no tomorrow. Or at least spend lime you won't get a credit statement ever again. Remember... This is YOUR investment. Your shaving investment that is. I don't think your significant others will object now that you've seen the scientific proof first hand.

Enjoy all!!!!

Yes, I have plans to buy the Stirling Black Cherry, I know I already love both the sent and flavor of black cherry anything, so, I have no doubts that I will love the soap.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member

Don't forget Bryston and Sim Audio. Oh, and B&W, and Linn, and Krell, and Musical Fidelity, and Mirage and B 'n K that both hit my bank account hard.

This shaving thing of ours is small potaters compared to many other 'hobbies'.

Don't forget Bryston and Sim Audio. Oh, and B&W, and Linn, and Krell, and Musical Fidelity, and Mirage and B 'n K that both hit my bank account hard.

This shaving thing of ours is small potaters compared to many other 'hobbies'.
Damn... I forgot about Nakamichi and Teac. Reel to Reel anyone?

You can't you just go from one rabbit hole to another 😁
I think that is a typo "can" just go from one rabbit hole to another.
It has to be a typo, why else would we have forums on food, beverages, drinks, smoking, writing, photography, clothing, fitness, outdoors, and guns. :)

It should never have been mentioned about embroidery for a patch, because that is only one step away from having a needlework thread. ;)

We need a good slogan. Then we can embroider it on a large circular patch centred around the badger logo for B&B, with "Live to Shave, Shave to Live" around it. Then we can identify each other in crowds. :)

We'd also need a secret handshake, some iconic recognition signals and a group cheer.

O.H.
Shavers, shavers, rah rah rah
Clean and spiffy, sis boom bah
Here at Badger & Blade
We have fun, we have it made
Were Shaving Adventurers!
Give me an A, Give me a D, Give me a D, Give me an I, Give me a C, Give me a T
What does it spell?
Adventurer!
Go Badgers, go!

Enjoy all!!!!

I'm thrilled you like it. I've used the Bay Laurel twice so far and will use the Light-ish Red soon.

Since you mentioned a "cc"....I feel inclined to inform you that "CC" is usually taken by many here to refer to Captain's Choice. They make soaps, aftershaves, etc, but what really gets the most attention is his lathering bowls. Well, it just so happens that I'm running PIF for a CC lathering bowl in the general section....

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

I'm thrilled you like it. I've used the Bay Laurel twice so far and will use the Light-ish Red soon.

Since you mentioned a "cc"....I feel inclined to inform you that "CC" is usually taken by many here to refer to Captain's Choice. They make soaps, aftershaves, etc, but what really gets the most attention is his lathering bowls. Well, it just so happens that I'm running PIF for a CC lathering bowl in the general section....

I saw your generous PIF post for the CC bowl, I really hope it finds a good home. I've only got one CC bowl, all I really need honestly, but I am a firm believer for CC bowls, at least their ceramic ones.

proxy.php

Dave himself

Wee Words of Wisdom
I think that is a typo "can" just go from one rabbit hole to another.
It has to be a typo, why else would we have forums on food, beverages, drinks, smoking, writing, photography, clothing, fitness, outdoors, and guns. :)

It should never have been mentioned about embroidery for a patch, because that is only one step away from having a needlework thread. ;)
Yes that was most definitely a typo 🤣.

OK, so I just want to blame thank everyone here on making me spend a fortune introducing me to new razors I never knew existed. Seriously you people know how to make others spend money by being flashy with your razor stash.
There are no words that I can express for the much gratitude blame I need to share with you all here on B&B !!!!

Here is a pic of the razors I purchased over the past 2 weeks - they are on the top from left to right.
The Rockwell T2 razor I purchased from Rockwell
Rex Ambassador (purchased from a forum member)
Edwin Jaggar 3one6 (purchased from a forum member - barber pole handle is mine from WCS)

The bottom razor is the Merkur Futur purchased 10 years ago.

20220404_163631.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom