What's new

A special thank you to all the members and this site.....

TheSterling sample packs arrived. I must have purchased 10 sample soaps from them. All the scents I purchased smells great. The black cherry smells great even through the plastic wrapping.

I tried barbershop last night. What a great scent. It lathered up, but not as much as my last cream soap I tried. Maybe I did not gather up enough soap on the puck. Note that the puck is soft, so be careful when handling.

I may try the black cherry over the weekend and let you know how it goes. I am excited over my next shave this weekend.
I'm glad you enjoyed the scents. I don't like powder scents, so I stayed away from Barbershop. Using a really soft synthetic brush I load for about 30 second. I don't count. After a while you learn what the puck/brush should look like when you've loaded enough.

This enabling goes both ways. Because of our little back and forth you wound up making me order some more Stirling. Bay Laurel and Light-ish Red should be delivered today.

This enabling goes both ways. Because of our little back and forth you wound up making me order some more Stirling. Bay Laurel and Light-ish Red should be delivered today.
I'm glad I can help. It's my way of getting back at giving back to everyone here at B&B as they make me spend more money find new ways to introduce me to razors and soaps.

And soon-to-be strops.

Just wait until I get the other sample packs. We'll see how much money you will be spending now!!!

Last edited:
By the way, what scents did you get from Sterling? Did you get sample pack sizes or go for the full sizes? They have a wide variety of scents, so make sure to pick up the soaps from their website. The sample sizes are also on their website.

Don't be afraid to order try out all 70+ scents on whichever credit card that has the highest credit limit. :p
Spare no expense !!!

You won't regret it. I promise.

Last edited:

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I'm glad I can help. It's my way of getting back at everyone making me spend more money on razors and soaps.

And soon-to-be strops.

Just wait until I get the other sample packs. We'll see how much money you will be spending now!!!
I'm fighting off the urge to get into Straight Razors.... I'm on the slippery slope... reading the past and current SR forums and threads. I don't have anything on the horizon for my wet shaving journey at present.... but that would change if I got into SR shaving.... the razors... strops... honing gear.... So many beautiful straight razors out there............. new and vintage. I have a bunch of the suppliers, manufacturers, etc. bookmarked.

I'm fighting off the urge to get into Straight Razors.... I'm on the slippery slope... reading the past and current SR forums and threads. I don't have anything on the horizon for my wet shaving journey at present.... but that would change if I got into SR shaving.... the razors... strops... honing gear.... So many beautiful straight razors out there............. new and vintage. I have a bunch of the suppliers, manufacturers, etc. bookmarked.
I see new prey that I can victimize here later tonight.....

Setting a reminder to take pictures of SEs when I get home, which will tempt PhoenixKH to purchase some new SEs.
I encourage everyone to help join in and bring a new large purchase cc statement shaving journey to Phoenix.
Have that CC handy !!!!

Just learned about Stirling because of you guys. They make coffee too?
That might be my ticket to starting with soaps. My wife loves coffee!
For every couple coffee's bought, I can slip in a soap on the order, Lol!!
I'm spending way to much time on B&B, Lol!!

@LRod - Sterling sent an email this morning regarding new coffee scents shaving soaps. Have at it. I am not a coffee person myself, so if anyone was expecting me to do a review on these new scents will need to look elsewhere.

Good luck to you on your new future Sterling shaving acquzitions.

@LRod - Sterling sent an email this morning regarding new coffee scents shaving soaps. Have at it. I am not a coffee person myself, so if anyone was expecting me to do a review on these new scents will need to look elsewhere.

Good luck to you on your new future Sterling shaving acquzitions.
I'm not either!
I don't do coffee, I'm a tea drinker myself. I can't imagine coffee smell on my face, yuck!
I'm more into light scents like barbershop, lavender, sandalwood etc..
What I was saying is that they actually sell real coffee as well. And my wife loves coffee so it seems like a good way to buy the products. Coffee for her and shaving soap for me!

Last edited:
My new found shaving hobby will probably just be safety razors. I personally have no interest in straight razor shaving. Seems cumbersome & scary to be honest!
Maybe someday I'll give it a go but for now I'll learn everything there is about DE's. Seems like enough razors, blades, soaps, techniques etc., exist in order to keep me entertained for years.

Oh wow. So Sterling is one moging to the grocery sector with selling coffee. OK. Not for me though.

Like you, I discovered just recently through a se acquisition where the seller was selling soaps from a name I was not familiar with, I took it off his hands to give it a shot based off his descriptions of the scents. One of them was barbershop (from Mr. Fine) which is a scent I did not hear of before joining this site. Since receiving the package, the 3 soaps I took a chance on are all winners. Now I am purchasing a sample pack of soaps from Mr. Fine which I should have this week. I also purchased a sample pack of Barbershop scents from WCS which should also be here this week.

And like you, I love sandalwood. I have a soap puck from Taylor of old bond. I think the scent is heavy, but the wife loves it.

What barbershop scents do you have from what manufacturers?
I currently have one from Sterling and Mr. Fine.

These three packages arrived tonight....

Guesses anyone? Anyone????

C'mon people.

Attachments

• 20220330_190939.jpg
    20220330_190939.jpg
    586.2 KB · Views: 2
Cant guess... Hub?

You people are pathetic. I bow my head in shame.

OK... So here it is.

Attachments

• 20220330_193537.jpg
    20220330_193537.jpg
    865.8 KB · Views: 10
In The pics....
Proraso wood & spice shave cream and pre shave
Gillette Wilkinson Sword blades 50 pack
Gillette nacet & Voskhod blades
Dorco prime blades 100 pack
West coast shaving Duck fat shaving cream sample 5 pack
Castle Forbes shaving cream sample 4 pack
West coast Shaving cream Barber shop shaving cream sample 7 pack
Mr. Fine shaving cream sample 7 pack
Geo f trumper shaving cream sample 9 pack
West Coast Shaving shaving cream sample 2 pack

Oh, and I am trying a couple of Tobacco scents and Arko shaving stick. Saw a youtube video for the Arko shaving stick which looked interesting on how it is applied. Another order into West Coast Shaving was placed today for this order.

I think I am a shave-a-holic.

Time to invest in some stock in West Coast Shaving.

Its really too bad that I cant order these shaving creams from Harmon or Bed Bath and Beyond, because they are right down the street from me. But mens fine shaving is not their category.

Last edited:
What barbershop scents do you have from what manufacturers?
None, Lol!
Those are just scents I have liked for other products.
I'm now ordering my first shave soaps.
I'm waiting for them to arrive. Never used soaps since I'm just 3 months in on shaving with DE's.
I've just been using gels until now. I ordered the red Proraso and some Clubman to start out.
It's funny though that even with the gels I really enjoy shaving now.
I kind of wish my beard would grown constantly so I could shave a few times a day, Lol!!
Once a day as I do is not enough!!

The Proraso I really like. It was one of my first pre-shave and shaving creams I got when I started in DE shaving, along with the Art of Shaving shave kits. I really like both of them.

I have the following Proraso products in pre-shave and cream:
Red - Sandalwood
Yellow - wood and cedar - just got it but it smells good.
Green - eucalyptus - not crazy about the smell, but it (and all of them) gives a good shave and it leaves a tingling feeling even after the shave.

Make sure to invest in good razors that feels comfortable to you. If need be, start with sample packs of different varieties. You will then find out which you like most, and which you dislike most - as I have found I dislike Big Ben and Shark blades the most.

I tend to love the Astras and Feathers. I like the Merkurs, Wilkinson Sword (Black), and Bic. I have other razors which I need to try out as well. You too will soon be sharing what you like and dislike on razors and soaps.

Happy shaving, and watch your bank account fall as you start to suddenly realize your biggest investments will be the soaps, creams, and razors !!!! You just have to have them all.

Top Bottom