What's new

A Special Shave with RazoRock XXX

Tonight was the wedding for my 27 year old niece who married a very special young man. To prepare for this special event I went 4 days without shaving. So I was sporting a pretty nice beard by this afternoon. As I began my prep I still had not chosen what shaving soap I wanted to use. I was pretty sure that it would be the MdC Sample that was recently given to me, but I decided to look into the back of my shaving den cabinet and I saw the soap I needed to use. Of course it was RazoRock XXX which I had not used since last July. Once again it reminded me of why this was such a popular shave soap as it produce thick luxurious lather that was both protective and Razor Blade friendly. My face felt baby bottom smooth and my face had just experienced a WOW shaving moment. RazoRock XXX you are an amazing shave soap and I will be very sad when I have finished all 4 tubs that I have sealed and hidden away.

First, congratulations to you and your family on the wedding day.

Second, though I have yet to try XXX as it has been discontinued, I think razorock as a whole doesn't get the following it deserves. I rotate classic and fresco exclusively and couldn't ask for anything more in terms of performance, scent and quality.

I need to try this brand some day.... once I make a dent in the products I already have open.... For some reason they just seem to last too long... Maybe because I uses a different product every day

I need to try this brand some day.... once I make a dent in the products I already have open.... For some reason they just seem to last too long... Maybe because I uses a different product every day

Turtle, I would even wager that RR compared to the infamous Cella and RR out performs it 9 of 10 days

I just logged on an used XXX not more than a few minutes ago. It is an amazing soap. After just using panna crema recently I can say panna is a more dense lather but it does not mean it shaves better than a non dense lather. XXX is extremely protective and a super fast lather that does well with varying amounts of water. A shame it's not made but I will keep buying ADP (same stuff) but at a high cost. You add in the light but unique masculine scent, ease of lather, protective and slickness and the insane cost of what $11 I think it was? I don't think there was or is a better soap for the money.

Turtle, I would even wager that RR compared to the infamous Cella and RR out performs it 9 of 10 days

i don't know if i can agree with that. it's so dependent on water, technique, face, personal preference… in short, after having used classic, fresco, and xxx, RR is not on my list of stocking anytime soon. it works very well but I see no reason to run out to get it unless you really question your current stuff. ( i have the same opinion for MNS) and don't get me talking about MWF.

Congrats on your niece's wedding. Clearly those 4 tubs are taking up unnecessary space in your home. Head over to the post office and send them to me. I'll hang on to them, no problem :)

Nice story. I never had a problem with its performance nor scent. Just a damn shame my body never agreed with it. The tingle started and that was that. Gave all mine away which wasn't such a sacrifice at $3 a tub;)

Great story, and congrats to you, your niece, and family. I wish I ordered a tub of XXX while I had the chance, I've loved all of the RR products I've tried so far.

I really enjoyed the shave with the RR XXX, and now my thoughts have turned to RR Fresco as there is the possibility that it will disappear from the RR Line at some point. So, I might need to go ahead and place a nice size order which would also include RR Classic as it too could be in its last year of production.

Have you tried the RR Mudder Focker? I have always enjoyed RR products, but this one really took me by surprise. From the aroma to the performance, it instantly won my heart. It had me at "Hello." It completes me. It can be my wing man any time. I love the smells of MuFo in the morning. Hmmm...that last one didn't really work. I guess I should stick with Tom Cruise if I really want to express what's in my heart.

I actually have the RR Mudder Focker and yes I agree it is everything that you describe. RR XXX though is just special to me as it was the First Shave Soap that introduced me to the world of Complex Fragrance. Prior to that my shave world soaps had been pretty limited with just VDH Delux, Palmolive Stick, Speick, and Arko. I had smelled the Art of Shave Soaps as we have an actual Art of Shave Store in Dallas. There fragrances were just basic to me nothing complex, then I decided to order RazoRock XXX. From the moment I opened the container, I new this was something special.

Top Bottom