What's new

A Snowman that sheds...

I'm curious whether anyone else has had shedding issues with Razorock synthetics? I bought a Snowman from Italian Barber, and while the brush performs wonderfully, it sheds like an old arthritic cat. I am done using it as I can't stand having to pick fibers out of my lather or the sink every single time I use it - sometimes they come out in clumps. Anyone have the same issue? I guess you get what you pay for, but I'm annoyed. (actually I'm much more annoyed because Italian Barber apparently doesn't like to look bad and wouldn't put up my review).

I've never had any synth shed more than a couple of hairs, and that was on the first or second use. I do have a Razorock synth (by no means my top brush) and that's been no more prone to shedding than any of the others. I would reach out to IB, because it shoulnd't be happening unless you're mashing the brush to death or boiling it.

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
What did Italian Barber say when you contacted them? That should be your first step before posting something negative here. Give them a chance before committing a complaint to writing on a board where it will be forever. IB is a small family business. Not a multinational corporation.

What did Italian Barber say when you contacted them? That should be your first step before posting something negative here. Give them a chance before committing a complaint to writing on a board where it will be forever. IB is a small family business. Not a multinational corporation.
They replied not a word. I wrote them three weeks ago and have had no response. I have had zero problems with them in any any way in the past - but really was surprised at the lack of response. My purpose in writing here was not to trash them but to simply ask if I got a bad number in the lot, or if others have had similar experiences. I was really surprised when I tried putting a review concerned about a shedding that they wouldn't reach out - other companies have done so when I've offered a criticism in a review on their sites.

I've never had any synth shed more than a couple of hairs, and that was on the first or second use. I do have a Razorock synth (by no means my top brush) and that's been no more prone to shedding than any of the others. I would reach out to IB, because it shoulnd't be happening unless you're mashing the brush to death or boiling it.

My experience has been similar - except this brush. And, I'm definitely treating it gently - I'm a face latherer, so there's more action going on with the brush than if I only used a bowl - but this is the first brush I've ever seen shed like this. (and I"ve contacted them and got no response for what is close to a month now). It definitely gives me no pleasure to have to negatively review a brush - and so I was kind of hoping that might elicit a response.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
My experience has been similar - except this brush. And, I'm definitely treating it gently - I'm a face latherer, so there's more action going on with the brush than if I only used a bowl - but this is the first brush I've ever seen shed like this. (and I"ve contacted them and got no response for what is close to a month now). It definitely gives me no pleasure to have to negatively review a brush - and so I was kind of hoping that might elicit a response.
That is weird they did not respond to your concern, they have always responded to my questions quickly by email. Maybe they had some new staff in training?

Top Bottom