What's new
    As per our long standing policy of not permitting medical advice on the forum - all threads concerning the Coronavirus will be locked.
    For more info on the coronavirus please see the link below:
    https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/summary.html

A small batch of 3" Horween Shell Cordovan Strops available - Amaretto

Greetings everyone!

I wanted to let you know that I just made up a batch of really nice Horween Shell Cordovan straight razor strops in an absolutely stunning rare color of Shell Cordovan. One has already sold, but I have 3 left that are ready to be shipped today if you are interested.

This batch of strops comes from "Amaretto" colored Horween Shell Cordovan. This is absolutely my favorite color of Shell from Horween, because it is so deep and rich, reminiscent of autumn leaves with burnt orange and reds depending on how the light hits it. It is glassy smooth, has a fast draw, does not crease, and small scratches are self-healing when burnished with a spoon (If anyone is interested I can explain how.)

Some of you might be interested to learn to that Horween actually began producing their version of Shell Cordovan in 1905 specifically for the purpose of making high-end straight razor strops, prior to the leather being adopted by the luxury shoe industry. So this strop is made from leather used exactly as it was originally was intended.

The second surface is a really nice natural flax linen webbing from England that helps you clean and prepare your straight razor for stropping. This piece exactly matches the leather in length so they can be held as one and support each other and comes fastened to handmade leather handles in an elegant walnut Italian leather (Industria Conciaria) with a very unique surface texture. The handles are hand-sewn using an awl and traditional saddle stitch (ie., not machine stitched) and the edges are beveled and slicked smooth to feel great in the hand.

Both the leather and the linen material are fitted with solid brass hardware and can be fully disassembled. If you happen to damage beyond repair you will then have the option to remove the screws and replace the leather material or change out the linen.

As I mentioned, I have 3 strops left at two different lengths.

18.25” long (clear stropping area) x 3” wide - $325

18.25” long (clear stropping area) x 3” wide - $325

14.25” long (clear stropping area) x 3” wide - $285

Please note: The two longer strops have part of the factory “Horween” stamp on the back, the shorter one does not.

To order, simply go to the link here: Horween Shell Cordovan Straight Razor Strop - Amaretto - https://deaconleather.com/products/horween-shell-cordovan-straight-razor-strop-amaretto

Strops are always packaged flat and secured so there is no worry of it folding or bunching in the mail. Enjoy free shipping in the USA on these strops!

OTHER STROPS AVAILABLE: I am putting together other strops right now and have Black Horsehide Chromexcel, Brown Horsehide Chromexcel, and Russet Horsehide available at the moment. Please let me know if you would like something custom made for you!

Thank you and as always, let me know if you have questions...
-Sam
DSC_0736.JPG
IMG_1144.JPG
DSC_0732.jpg

Attachments

Do you make more narrow strops?
I certainly could if you wanted something more like 2.5". The only thing to be aware of is that the English natural linen is only available in 3" so I would need to use a substitute like canvas or something like that. Please feel free to message if you would like me to walk you through the options.

Do you do budget strops?
I would like to offer an entry level strop in the future, but I do not have a line set up for that right now. I do have some 3" horsehide strops starting at $115 that would be an excellent option. Just shoot me a message if you would like more information or check out the website. Thank you for the inquiry.

Top Bottom