What's new

A simple newbee question

J

JoeP

Just became a B&B member. Great site. All my life I've shaved with an electric or a can of cheap foam and a throw-away razor. I often wondered about using that stuff you see in movies, but never investigated. Until my wife came home from a trip to a community fair with a puck of shaving soap (Sandalwood/Vanilla - Clear Creek Soap Co - Happy Valley CA) and a synth brush. WOW! Had no idea what I've been missing all my life. But I used it without any knowledge of the proper method, which I am glad and proud to say I have learned here.

I do have one simple (forgive my ignorance) greenie question. What do you do about the wet soap in the mug when you're finished? Do you pour the water off? Have I used too much water? Is the mug best kept covered/closed?

Well, I'm off to see if I can find a nice (inexpensive) stand for my brush. And of course I'll be looking at acquiring a good bore or badger brush in the immediate future.

Thanks all.

JoeP

Just became a B&B member. Great site. All my life I've shaved with an electric or a can of cheap foam and a throw-away razor. I often wondered about using that stuff you see in movies, but never investigated. Until my wife came home from a trip to a community fair with a puck of shaving soap (Sandalwood/Vanilla - Clear Creek Soap Co - Happy Valley CA) and a synth brush. WOW! Had no idea what I've been missing all my life. But I used it without any knowledge of the proper method, which I am glad and proud to say I have learned here.

I do have one simple (forgive my ignorance) greenie question. What do you do about the wet soap in the mug when you're finished? Do you pour the water off? Have I used too much water? Is the mug best kept covered/closed?

Well, I'm off to see if I can find a nice (inexpensive) stand for my brush. And of course I'll be looking at acquiring a good bore or badger brush in the immediate future.

Thanks all.

JoeP

I pour the water off, and then I rinse off any suds. Then, I leave the soap uncovered to air dry, and then store it after it has dried. Enjoy, and welcome to B&B!

In my case there is no water to pour off because I use a damp (not dripping wet) brush to pick up the soap. The lather is then generated right on my face using just the water on my wet face. Occasionally I may need to lightly tap the end of the brush on top of the water in the sink to make things just a bit wetter.

I store the soap in whatever container it comes in.

I do the exactly the same than Bob, therefore nor water to pour out of the soap mug.

Well come to B&B !

Top Bottom